weak vibrator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hlysmksbtmn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

does the vibrator weak seem much weaker on the iphone 4?

2. shanew21 macrumors regular

3. bartelby macrumors Core

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

5. RyCan3 macrumors 6502

RyCan3

6. detroit1 macrumors regular

:)

7. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

haha, but on a serious note, i've missed several calls with my iphone4 because I didn't notice the vibration. is it just my phone or others notice the vibration is weaker than the 3g/3gs?

8. ashVID macrumors regular

Same issue, absolutely cannot feel it in my pocket when on silent. Not sure if it is the new materials that mask it or whether it is vibrating less but either way, I'm missing calls.

ash =o)

9. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

10. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

sucks, but glad to hear it's not just a problem with my phone.

11. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

12. bentrider macrumors member

The "vibrator" in my 3G totally died about a month ago so to me, the one in the iPhone 4 feels pretty strong. But I may just be subconsciously happy to have one at all! I'm a stand-up comic so my phone is on vibrate in my pocket more than half its life when I'm in clubs and what not and then forget to turn the sound back on.

And don't feel bad about the title... I was talking to my ex-wife who is an AT&T employee and when she got back from the iPhone training thing I asked the following... "Does it have a really powerful vibrator, because I need that." Her response was predictably... "I bet you do!".

13. Wailord macrumors 6502

Well, looks like all of the jokes about the title are used up. Shucks, late again.

Anyway, yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I can't feel this thing go off at all. :(

14. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

This is not good

My phone is on silent mode most of the time

I have not bought i4 yet to test

15. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

I haven't used my iPhone 4 on vibrate yet but I missed a lot of calls on my iPhone 3G because I couldn't feel the vibration.

16. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

17. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

bump for hillariousness...

but to answer your question, I haven't noticed much of a difference. It is a little less powerful though once I put the clear case around it...

heh..heh..heh...

18. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Man if you are right that's going to suck for me, I already miss a bunch of calls with the 3GS as it is. Its so weak that I miss calls all the time even if i have the phone in my pocket.

(I was very careful in the wording of this post lol)

19. james92se macrumors 6502a

I don't think it has anything to do with the iPhone 4 vibrate function being weaker. I think it's merely a "side-effect" (so to speak) of the iPhone 4 being incredibly solid. Much more solid than the previous iPhones (which themselves were incredibly solid phones). If there's nothing to move/shake/rattle on a phone, the vibrate function *seems* weaker.

20. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i LOL'ed when I saw this title. awesome!

anyway yeah its a little weaker. I missed 2 calls last night but I was in a restaurant so... but i've tested it out against my 3G and yeah it does feel a tad weaker.

21. dmx macrumors 6502

Mine is definately weaker than my 3GS. And that was bad enough already.

22. Jason B macrumors regular

Yes!!! My 3GS vibrated twice as hard as my new Iphone 4!!! I can't even feel it in my pocket now!

People, if you don't tell apple, nothing will change. Be sure to complain here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Also, there is a post about this on apples site, many are unhappy to say the least. I don't get it, the vibrate should at least be improved with a new phone, not be cut in half!
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2477071

23. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

I noticed that too! I had a billion missed calls from people this morning because the vibration didn't wake me up. I tested it out on my old iPhone 3G, and it seems to me, the vibration is the same for both, it's just a LOT quieter on the iPhone 4.