Weather Complication issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kcaz507, Oct 10, 2016.

1. kcaz507 macrumors newbie

kcaz507

I recently returned my Series 1 as the weather complication forecast highs and lows for the day were actually showing the previuos day. If I used time travel abount 15 mins in the future it chaged over, but when time actually progressed it stayed messed up. I restatrted the phone and watch many times and re-paired the watch several times, also reset the watch. I tried cycling the wifi and bluetooth as well. It didnt matter where I was. If I opened the weather app it would show the right info for the day and match the phone. Anyone have any idea what was going on? I liked the watch otherwise but didnt want to miss the return period.

2. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

I don't have that problem with my Series 1.

You could try another weather app like Storm and use their complication to troubleshoot.

3. kcaz507 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcaz507

I actually did try weather underground, however it would sometimes show dashes, when the numbers were there they seemed to be correct.

4. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Weather Underground is not updated for WatchOS 3. That's a known issue. That's why I went to the Storm App instead.

5. kcaz507 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcaz507

Interesting, I didnt know that. Maybe I will give it another shot, I just hate to have to replace a stock complication with a 3rd party one to get a $300 watch to work properly.

6. kcaz507 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcaz507

I got a good deal on a First Generation Sport. Issue still persists, when I get a chance I may call Apple support to see what is going on.

7. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

I don't know if this is related, but make sure you have location services set to "always" for weather instead of "while using"

8. kcaz507 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcaz507

That is one of the first things I checked. I have a ticket open with Apple support, they did have me restore my phone as new and pair to see if that made a difference, it didnt. The 2nd support guy said that engineering is accepting escalations on this exact issue and im going to send in screen shots, so hopefully something will get resolved soon.

9. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

The Greatest Weather App for Weather Complications IMHO is CARROT Weather! The owner is amazing with his detail!~

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/carrot-weathers-customizable-complications.1933213/

10. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

11. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

The owner of CARROT is really pushing it with really cool complications for the Apple Watch. I have Dark Sky as well and enjoy it.

CARROT is in a class of its own with the apple watch support!

12. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Thanks for the insights