Web Broswer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msarway, Jul 14, 2010.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

Whats the best web browser to use these days.

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Use to love Firefox, but it's like molasses, I was a PC though and I need my browser to fully maximize with the green button. All the others didn't.

Then I found right zoom, and after a nice affair with Safari, I'm happily married to chrome now.
    Though sometimes I will sneak out late when Chome is asleep to drill Safari one more time.

3. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Why not just try them yourself and find out which one you like best.

4. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

i have been using chrome and safari but problems is keeping bookmarks in sync

5. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Well heck, I can tell you that MacLynx is the best because it's super fast or whatever, but that wouldn't make you use it. :p Use what you like.

I currently have 3 browsers in my dock: Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

I also use all 3 of them. No particular reason to choose any of them. Safari has trouble with my college's 'blackboard' website used for posting homework and taking quizzes. Chrome has random problems like that too. Firefox seems to work the best as far as reliability, but the speed SUCKS.

Just use what you like.

6. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Use Minefield. It's firefox built specifically for intel processors.

7. jamesbond05 macrumors member

jamesbond05

I use safari. Chrome and firefox makes by mbp get very hot when multiple tabs are open.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Safari. Faster and stabler than Chrome while having extensions like firefox. Chrome is the worst. Little features and horribly unstable.

9. demonsavatar macrumors regular

Webkit browsers are great and run well (Chrome/Safari). I do some web development and doing it for Webkit is almost always the easiest. Digressing though, this is about using a web browser, not developing for one.

I use Chrome, I will gladly expend some Ram to be able to kill a tab with a crashed Flash plugin. Great stability, but uses tons of ram.

Note: have only used Chrome on Windows. Haven't received my MBP yet but I plan to continue using Chrome. If it sucks for some reason on OSX then Safari it is...

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't know about you, but Chrome works excellent on my computer. Maybe your version is outdated or corrupted.

11. kasakka macrumors 68000

On Windows, Chrome and Firefox are pretty much on par, each having its good and bad sides.

On OSX, Firefox and Safari trump Chrome at the moment in my experience.

Opera is ok but not the user friendliest - too much legacy crap in it.

12. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

+1

the best browsers are free so use a myriad and stick to the one you like best

my opinion is Safari though

13. Narse77 macrumors regular

Narse77

Chrome is faster(at least the dev channel), not sure what you are smoking. It has all the features Safari does as they are both based off of WebKit. Stability is the same as once again they are both bassed off of WebKit

14. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

I would never use chrome, theres a lot happening behind just rendering, it logs a lot of your info...if yu like chrome then use Iron, its chrome without all the spyware and data mining

15. Meever macrumors 6502a

I love chrome to death but recently I have switched back to safari. Chrome constantly crashes when I am watching videos and streams. Pretty much any video content with flash causes it to crash all tabs.

16. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

At this time Safari, Firefox is so slow and Chrome keeps crashing

17. intel macrumors regular

intel

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

When safari and chrome grow up, they want to be Opera.
    When Internet Explorer stops filling it's nappies, then it can play outside.

Opera FTW.

Opera squats and takes a dump all all other browsers. It is so far ahead and has been for so long that it looks like the competition will never catch up.

I have spoken.

18. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

You are high.

Safari uses analytics as well. In Chrome google has official opt-out extensions you can simply install to get out of any information logging/data mining. Do your research.

19. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

This is what I did.

Haha ;)

IMHO, Chrome is the best browser you can get...