Web browsers randomly lose connectivity

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CharlieJames91, Jun 16, 2016.

1. CharlieJames91 macrumors newbie

CharlieJames91

Hi – I have a problem with all my web browsers, after using my mac for some time they all just lose connectivity to the internet, but all my other apps are working fine (Outlook/Spotify etc). I have pinged www.google.com and everything seems fine? Once I restart my machine the problem goes away but then randomly happens again. I have turned off my firewall and checked my DNS settings. I haven’t checked this issue on another account yet although I was hoping someone will know exactly what the cause of this is before I spend to much time testing. I can’t seem to find any external application that could be causing this either?

Please help

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Once they lose connectivity it's gone until the restart?

3. CharlieJames91 thread starter macrumors newbie

CharlieJames91

--- Post Merged, Jun 16, 2016 ---
    Correct mate

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Checking on another account could rule out a lot of possibilities.

5. CharlieJames91 thread starter macrumors newbie

CharlieJames91

Seems fine on another account, I would just create a new account but not only do I have alot of saved preferences for all my different apps - I kinda don't want it to beat me haha
    Thanks

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If that's the case you can probably assume it's not a problem with your ISP/modem/router. Also, it should eliminate a general OS problem.

Makes notes of ALL of the Network settings for the working account and compare them to what is in your account.