Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AgeOfSpiracles

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2020
When the pandemic hit we had WebEx as the official solution and had only recently enabled Teams. Our users (~15K) selected Teams all on their own organically.

Our Cisco rep was pissed when we cancelled, but I told him it was the users and not us. Not sure he ever believed me.
Same here, except it was Zoom for us. Then shortly after that, we decided to move from an on-prem Cisco phone system to the cloud. We looked at the options, and I honestly assumed that WebEx Calling would be the obvious path of least resistance coming from Call Manager. But in typical Cisco fashion, it was more costly than the competitors, and there were seemingly a hundred little nickel and dime SKU's that you had to add for random features that were included with Ring Central and Zoom Phone basic licenses. Combined with the fact that literally every single user already had the Zoom client installed and used it daily, Zoom Phone was a no brainer.

Our Cisco collab rep never bothered to respond when I informed her that we had selected a different solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.