Webpage to PDF?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aussieiphone, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Aussieiphone macrumors regular

After searching (and searching) I would like a way to immediately save/convert a webpage viewed in iPad's Safari to print as a pdf as it does in Mac OSX (no jb - yet).

Options already considered:
    1. Goodreader, instapaper - I'm frugal so no
    2. CUPS PDF - works via networked pc like activator, so no
    3. Taking a screenshot is useful but not ideal

Cheers

2. Voltair, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

Voltair macrumors newbie

How about, using a different browser such as 'opera mini' from the appstore? Or using the 'search' function of this very website?

HTH

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I was looking for the same thing on my new iPad 2, as the inability to Print and save documents/webpages/etc to a PDF was a big concern I had with using the iPad 2 as a netbook replacement.

I Came across an app in the App Store called Save2PDF. It's $9.99, but it allows you to print a webpage (and a number of other things too), to a PDF file, using the PRINT command from within Safari. Very convenient. Other apps I came across, you had to copy and paste a URL from Safari into the "printer app". Save 2 PDF was much easier. Plus, if you have a wireless printer, but not a newer one with Airprint, it can also print directly to your printer wirelessly from the Save2PDF app. I had installed the hack to print on my regular wireless printer using the Airprint software running on my main PC, and then sharing out the printer, but that only worked while the PC was running. This worked when the PC was off. Well worth the price, IMHO!

Hope this helps!

4. Aussieiphone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply.

Tried the opera and is iPhone only with no conversion to PDF. "Search" function, yer hadn't thought of that...wtf? lol

5. Aussieiphone thread starter macrumors regular

Save2pdf appears to be the other choice, but for ten bux? Hmm...

Amazed they don't have this function in m.safari...home+off button will do for now...

Cheers

6. cfs macrumors 6502a

Start Lite is an awesome app. and free. I usually make the PDF in here and transfer to Goodreader.