Wed stock/line report

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott6666, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Who's got today's news out there?

Baltimore/Washington Area for me, please

2. GotMac? macrumors member

GotMac?

My contact says no shipments today at his store....

3. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

My contact says no shipments till mid-week next week...

4. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

The Apple website reported that the Tyson's corner store had 16GB black iphones as of last night. Not sure if that is accurate or not though.

5. zkaudio macrumors member

6. busterbluth macrumors 6502

NYC 5th Ave

just called apple store, line is 4 hours. NO 16Gb Black!!! Don't people work???

7. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

I'm sure those people can take as many days off as they want, it's only a few days out of the year. If you have a decent job, it should be no problem.

8. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Wow, Im new to the mac community, but are there people that will use a day off on waiting in line for the iphone?? I smell a poll...

9. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I use my days off for going to the lake...the beach....the mountains etc. No way im sitting in line for a phone.

Go outside in nature...thats where life is.

10. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

wow that is out of control!!! it's almost a week and still 3hr+ lines

11. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Not a surprise....

I was on the Apple Retail site last night. If you just browse through it, most states are out or don't have anything but one store with limited stock.

When I opted to go to a different mall in NJ on Saturday morning I had no idea how lucky I was. Less than 20 people ahead of me and I could care less about the color as long as it was 16GB. (I got the white but sitting in AT&T's branded Casemate hard leather case it hardly matters).

So for New York City, it isn't just New Yorkers in those lines. The whole tri-state area is out. There's nothing in all of NJ, CT, most of PA, RI.

So those people in the NYC line can be folks who just gave up a day and are like, we're in it until we get one.

And since the inventory is not showing it will catch up with deliveries from China anytime soon, what option do you have.

Good luck to everyone on the lookout. :)

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Manhattan Village store in the South Bay area had a line when i drove by this morning (its on my way to work :)). It was short though. Provided there was stock I'd say no more than 45 to an hour wait.

13. Scott6666 thread starter macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I really don't trust the availability report. I don't know if it is stock on hand at end of day or also includes stock expected to be delivered tomorrow as well. I suspect it's the former only. That's why I am interested in what the boots on the ground (you all) report regarding stock.

14. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

My brother is an Apple store in South Coase Plaza in CA. He said the line has not moved in like 50 minutes. Im so glad I got my phone last week. Only 6 hours :)

and that was my vacation day. I still had the rest of my day to enjoy life :D

Update: He finally moved, and now he's in the store.

15. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I called them yesterday at 2pm. The line was 5 hours long and they only had the White 16GB (I want the Black 16gb). I believe they had the Black 8GB (not sure).

Since I have iPhone v1 I am not in that big of a rush.

16. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

Remember, New York is a blue state. They don't have jobs, they depend on the government.

17. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

My iPhone will be delivered to me tomorrow by DHL. I know, I'll be six days later than everyone else but there was no hassle, I just ordered online and waited for delivery.

18. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I think ATT should declare a war on t-mobile so the red staters can say its tmobile's fault for the shortage. Oh, the economy is okay btw, dont worry about it ;)

19. gts197 macrumors regular

Any stock updates on the following Apple stores:

Palisades Store, West Nyack NY
    Garden State Plaza, Paramus NJ
    Tices Corner, Woodcliff Lake NJ

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. I would call myself but being stuck at a desk at work doesnt help :(

20. Biscotti macrumors regular

Nyc, Cube?

Anyone know about the cube on 5th ave? Lines/Time/Stock?

21. critten macrumors member

22. gobigblew macrumors newbie

23. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

hey, I'm insulted....

Ok well it's kinda true and not true. Welfare rolls were over 1 million back in the Dinkins Administration. There are less than 500K now. And people do get jobs and move on with their lives, this since the Giuliani and now Bloomberg Administration.

I think that a lot of those folks in line though are young, college age and then some with something called the parent's credit card they are living off.

So keep in mind not all of NY and NYC is on the dole. :p

24. gts197 macrumors regular

Good find, it just doesn't show if there were shipments during the day today and thats what I am asking about.

25. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

earlier....

Someone reported on 5th Ave store today as 4 hours but that was hours ago. I had called the Paramus store and spoken to folks a couple of time launch day. All of NJ on the retails site shows no stock.

You should try to call Paramus and also Short Hills mall. That's where I scored the 16GB white on Saturday morning. I was less than 20 when I got there and in and out within an hour. Yes, I was lucky.

But do try to call the stores, they will give you generally a picture of the wait. They won't tell you how much stock though; you have to feel it out.
    ;)