Wedge-E ipad lap holder / stand review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vinho1976, Aug 17, 2011.

1. vinho1976 macrumors newbie

Purchased the wedge-e about a month ago from wedge-e.net
    The design is so simple and practical. I find this thing super comfortable and lightweight. I just keep finding new ways to use it. Couch, bed, nightstand, and desk. The more i use it the more I like its simple design.
    Previously posted a message and didn't get many replys so I am assuming it is fairly new. Just want to share a simple product that does exactly what its supposed to do.

Anyone else have a wedge-e? lol...had to say it

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Can you post pics of the wedge? I am always looking for a better way to relieve my "holding" strain on sofa. A link would also be much appreciated.

3. vinho1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

The picture, i hopefully attached correctly, is of my wedge-e. I like the camo but they have a few other color choices.

The link is www.wedge-e.net

New here so hopefully did it correctly.

Attached Files:

4. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

+1 on the Wedge-E. I actually purchased it for my wife's use with her Kindle but it works equally well with the iPad. It's very light and simple to use. My seven year old uses it on her lap. My only complaint is that I'd prefer to have a removable cover (over the foam base) that would allow for cleaning. (A useful feature in a household with a kid, dog, and three cats.) Otherwise, it's more or less perfect.

5. Asc3nsion macrumors newbie

It is fleece and the foam is definitely tuff, if worse comes to worse you could probably wash it on delicate. I just make sure I don't spill on it ;).

I bought a blue one and love it! I was about to pull the trigger on an ilounge but is was double the price and only worked with the ipad 2, my wife has a nook color that she uses the stand with too. I use it primarily on the couch or when reading at starbucks. Actually I may buy that camo for me and give the blue one to my wife so I don't have to fight with her for it.

6. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Yeah. Would you have a talk with my daughter about spills? The silver lining in that particular cloud is that it makes it easier to enforce the "no drinking/eating when using the iPad" rule. We have the blue one, too. And like you, I'm considering getting another one so I don't have to go searching in twenty different places that my wife or daughter might have left it. (A downside of its great portability.)

It's one of those products that tends to prompt thoughts of "Why didn't I think of that?" Or "They want $30 for a little foam pillow???" But in reality it's a good, simple (i.e. elegant) idea well executed from a very responsive vendor. Well worth it, imo.

7. Asc3nsion, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

Asc3nsion macrumors newbie

IMHO $30 is nothing, that silly little stand they use to display them at best buy sells for $50 on BB site.. Heck I paid over $20 I think for the incipio feather case for my iphone.. It is nice though :). I definitely would enforce the no drinks around the ipad too :).

8. HodgeQuest macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Two words: LOVE IT! This thing is the epitome of keep it simple stupid (K.I.S.S.) it's such a simple design with no limitation to the vast aray of tablet devices on the market. I recently purchased one for my wife who loves to read on the couch and bed before hitting the hay. Little did I know it would lead to having to buy two more for my kids to take back to school with them. Far and away the best tablet support I found. Not to mention the fact that it felt like no sooner did I order it that I received it. Couldn't have a bad word to say about it if you paid me. I'm not one to wax poetic about stuff I buy, but for something like this that is such a perfect fix to such a akward issue for Tablet owners, I couldn't wait to tell everyone. I've been in Retail for 18 years so trust when I say "this is must have item for anyone with a tablet."

9. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Hear ya. I have to say that after looking at the various "Franken-stands" out there, I appreciate the Wedge-E even more. It's not a gangle of steel rods screwed together. It doesn't have to be attached to anything. No base to slide under the mattress or the bed. Just a six ounce piece of foam that you can toss on the other side of the room when you're ready to go to sleep.

10. vinho1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Franken-Stands...lol
    I couldnt agree more...the wedge-e holder is awesome. Everything I see out there is so complicated and bulky. Surprised no has thought of this before!
    Really like mine...gonna buy another soon to offer as a gift.

11. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

You sold me with that comment. I just ordered the gray one.

12. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I'll remind the folks at Wedge-E of that when I order a second one. :)

13. LaurieAnn macrumors regular

LaurieAnn

I received my gray Wedge-E over the weekend. I love this thing. It's so simple yet so useful. It makes using my iPad (and my Kindle) a more comfortable experience.

14. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Yeah, my wife loves it for her Kindle. That's why I need a second one. And since it's so portable I can never figure out where she or my daughter has left it.

15. vinho1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol Laurie! I also purchased another that same day and have already received it too. Havent taken it out of the box yet.

Just got back from a sales trip and took my wedge-e on the plane and it fits just right on the tray table...I even cheated and tried using it as a pillow!:) It's not bad if your in a jam! lol :)

16. Asc3nsion macrumors newbie

Well the wife didn't want the blue one so I stuck with blue and bought her purple.. These things really are awesome, I sent the company an email telling them they should go on QVC or something. I found this thing by luck. I told them they could use my input on testimonials if they give me a free one :), no word back yet..

17. woodchuck5150 macrumors newbie

I have a blue wedge-e and love it! It perfect for using on the couch. Very satisfied with the product. I think it would do well on QVC...especially during the holidays.

18. Asc3nsion macrumors newbie

19. mac jones, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011

mac jones macrumors 68040

these are very, very nice, and cheap to boot. I've been using mine for months and I use it for all sorts of things.

They are extremely light, and well made.

I may buy another as a back up. I see myself using these for decades.

They seem sturdy enough, but you never know.

(oh, one thing. Mine is getting a 'little' natty. THey are fleece, and it will get this way. It may be an issue after a year. The material may wear down just by handling it. But all of us know about this material, and it will last forever, just sort of changes).

20. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The folks at Wedge-E should link to this thread on their website.

21. Asc3nsion macrumors newbie

Hey Mac what color do you have? I actually wanted black but we have a white long-haired cat so I bought the blue one. Had it for a month and so far it looks the same.. I'm kind of careful with stuff though. I do use a lint brush on it here and there.

22. mac jones macrumors 68040

It's black. It's not really a problem, and may even be my imagination.

23. vinho1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also have two...
    Lovin mine, thanks for the lent brush idea. My first is the camo and it doesn't show a thing. The second I bought is black so it does show a little more lent after prolonged use but the lent brush makes it look like new after a few strokes.

24. woodchuck5150 macrumors newbie

Anyone have the tropical wedge-e? How is that pattern in person?
    I really liked that one and almost got it...

25. vinho1976, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

vinho1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tropical looks cool...I think you will be satisfied with that pattern choice.