Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
As a scrapbooker, mom, and well, girl....I tend to collect a lot of quotes. Here is one of my favorites, by Roald Dahl:

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

This week I would like you to share a photo that is a little bit secret, a little bit magic. You can interpret this in any way you want.

It can be a photo of a shared moment.

FB_April_25_2015_001.jpg

A favorite place.

FB_August_29_2016_001.jpg

The morning light.

FB_June_06_2018_001-3.jpg

Or anything else. Show me some magic.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
One of my kids played in a klezmer band while he was in high school. The band played a concert in a nursing home each year. One year I saw a couple that was extremely affectionate. They reminded me of my grandparents, and I thought how wonderful it is that they are still so much in love after so many years together. I later learned that they met and fell in love in the nursing home. Sadly, they have both died since then.

(Klezmer is a unique folk music form that comes from the Easter European Jewish communities. It dates at least to the early 20th century, but some trace elements back to the Bible.)

Hands-1000.jpg

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
6fc0da7c758f9fe2fbb87aa48c0977fd.jpg

This elderly couple was so engrossed in their conversation that they didn’t even notice the that the waiter brought their tea already.

Made me wonder, what’s that mysterious glue that kept them connected so well after so many years being together when a lot of the younger generation is just busy bickering about small things in life.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
As a parent, the most magical thing for me is watching my children grow. I love to see a child deep in thought as they learn about the world around them and to capture that moment. To steal a line from a Stereophonics song...
"Just watching you is an education, what's in your mind is my fascination"

A child’s thoughts
by Andy Whiteford, on Flickr

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
These are all really great entries! Thanks to all those who partipated. My day got away from me with a sick (legitimately, and not just man-cold sick) husband and my kids are due home in a few minutes, then it's off to sports.

I'm not going to CC all the entries because of time and also because I love them all and I can tell they are all very personal to each poster. This was a challenge from the heart and not a technical one, so I'm not going to ruin anyone's photo! So I wil just get to the placement, but know that this was hard, and if I have time this weekend I will try to come back and say what I think makes each photo so special.

3. @someoldguy & @Alexander.Of.Oz (for a tie)

2. @deep diver & @FlyingFrog74 (for another tie)

1. @akash.nu FTW!

And everyone else gets an honorable mention! Gold stars for everyone!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
These are all really great entries! Thanks to all those who partipated. My day got away from me with a sick (legitimately, and not just man-cold sick) husband and my kids are due home in a few minutes, then it's off to sports.

I'm not going to CC all the entries because of time and also because I love them all and I can tell they are all very personal to each poster. This was a challenge from the heart and not a technical one, so I'm not going to ruin anyone's photo! So I wil just get to the placement, but know that this was hard, and if I have time this weekend I will try to come back and say what I think makes each photo so special.

3. @someoldguy & @Alexander.Of.Oz (for a tie)

2. @deep diver & @FlyingFrog74 (for another tie)

1. @akash.nu FTW!

And everyone else gets an honorable mention! Gold stars for everyone!

OI! "not just man cold sick" - it has been clinically proven that a lethal dose of man-flu is more painful and more threatening than Ebola! :) hope your hubby feels better soon.

Thanks for the honourable mention and Akash.nu.... woohoo... game on mister... what you got in store for us?

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
OI! "not just man cold sick" - it has been clinically proven that a lethal dose of man-flu is more painful and more threatening than Ebola! :) hope your hubby feels better soon.

Thanks for the honourable mention and Akash.nu.... woohoo... game on mister... what you got in store for us?

He's actually the first one to ask for the doctor, and I am the last to go, but he just didn't look right so I suggested taking him in. It was the right call. He's now on antibiotics, so hopefully it will be sorted soon! Thanks!

Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
He's actually the first one to ask for the doctor, and I am the last to go, but he just didn't look right so I suggested taking him in. It was the right call. He's now on antibiotics, so hopefully it will be sorted soon! Thanks!

Remember in the UK it is father's day on Sunday so it is a nag free day, and lots of pampering.

Reactions: mollyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.