Weekly Photo Contest: April 24th to May 1st - Miniature World

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robotti, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Robotti macrumors regular

Robotti

This week's theme is Miniature World. Make those tiny people work! For inspiration, have a google on "miniature world photography", for instance. Remember to give the toys back to the kids, when you're done!

The photographs must be your own work.
    • Be creative and have fun.
    • You may only submit one photo per contest.
    • Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
    • The contest runs for one week, starting NOW!
    • At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
    • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

2. Hughmac macrumors demi-god

Hughmac

I'm sorry I think you've been forgotten :eek:

I will try and come up with something soon.

Cheers :)

Hugh

3. mollyc macrumors 6502

Are you expecting this to be a composite with people in it? I have something that could work, but not sure it's quite what is billed from my google searches.

4. anotherscotsman, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017

anotherscotsman macrumors 65816

Since there is a dearth of entries, I'll get the ball rolling. A 5-minute job so apologies for quality.

A visit to the used car showroom. Thanks to my wean for the props and the idea! She's the best.

[​IMG]
    and you call me a dog?
    by another scotsman, on Flickr

5. mollyc macrumors 6502

I'm fairly certain this isn't really what was intended for this challenge, but this photo I have and is ready to go. :)

FB_December_12_2016_001-2.jpg

6. Robotti thread starter macrumors regular

Robotti

Ok, competition over. I don't know, maybe I should have attached an example photo to make the point clear. My bad. Anyhow, this is what comes up when I use Google image search:

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 9.45.36.png
    Little plastic people, or toys. Most who are into this, use model train figures. Or, it could definitely be a comp image with real things.
    Well, results in a bit.

7. Robotti thread starter macrumors regular

Robotti

There's so few to choose from, I might just as well give the first place to everyone. However, this time @anotherscotsman is the winner, with second place to @mollyc and third place to @oblomow. Thanks, and see you in the next one!

8. anotherscotsman macrumors 65816

Pity about the low turnout on this one - I must admit I struggled to find something miniature to use but thanks anyway.

I'll get something posted soon.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Sorry for not posting this week. The toys in my house are my daughters and without going into detail, they are all off limits.

That and a lack of Photoshop, time and inspiration.
    But well done for trying to push us out of our comfort zone.