Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Weekly Photo Contest Challenge: Crowds (September 30 - October 7, 2020)

Janichsan

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2006
A crowded aquarium:

Comment

deep diver

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
A couple of people "liked" a couple of the images. There are rules about that. We won't mention their names, but you both know better. You are now both doomed to tie for first. The fact that only one of you has submitted does not save either of you from this horrid fate. :eek:

Reactions: akash.nu
Comment

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea Maximus culpa!!!! Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault.....

In an effort to redeem myself from having committed this sin and to save myself from the horrid, unfathomable fate of tying for first in a competition I didn't even enter, I have now hastily deleted my "like"! :)

Comment

Hughmac

macrumors demi-god
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Same here, I couldn't find anything suitable :(

Just a tip, if not already under way, I would start the write ups now with your initial reactions so you don't get stuck hunched over a keyboard for the rest of the week, then any future entries can be added as they come in ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: Clix Pix
Comment

deep diver

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Same here, I couldn't find anything suitable :(

Just a tip, if not already under way, I would start the write ups now with your initial reactions so you don't get stuck hunched over a keyboard for the rest of the week, then any future entries can be added as they come in ;)

Hugh

I agree. Just don't any decisions until after you close the contest. That makes the job harder because the last minute submissions always change those choices.

Comment

Ukiyo Evenings

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2020
Oh no, here I am with a last minute entry! It's very nice entering a competition hoping not to win 😂

I have the original stored on a disused laptop, so this compressed JPEG off Instagram will have to do for now. The original caption when I posted the photo in 2016:

"I love Taipei Metro. Fact. It's the most user friendly mass transit system I've used and has so many positive attributes. Cheap and comfortable, with a well connected network and fantastic ease of use and payment. There's also the cheery (bordering on primary school) colours and signage. It's how public transport should be. Metro stations around the world have chimes and tones in addition to announcements to signal the arrival of an oncoming train, and some Taipei stations have this cute, calming melody which I couldn't help but smile at. It pretty much summed up the whole vibe of the city: friendly and welcoming.

Stations which have line sharing platforms make for an interesting view at rush hour as commuters switch between trains. This combined exposure captures a bit of the movement before it gets packed."

Shot on my Ricoh GR using the multiple exposure mode. I didn't want to hold up commuters so just took two quick shots and hurried on for the train. I really miss Taiwan and look forward to visiting again next year. Japan too as someone mentioned earlier!

Taipei Metro.jpeg

Last edited:
Comment

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Can I judge them all a bit later today? How long do I have?!

You can prolong your torture for sure, just let us know if you need more time so we don’t appoint a stand in for you is all.

Also, remember as judge it is up to you on the level of verbose feedback. You can do your podium positions and leave it at that but we like to get a little feedback as it helps us learn and better understand how others receive our images.
[automerge]1602141366[/automerge]

Comment

Hughmac

macrumors demi-god
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
  • At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.
You have 48 hours to come up with the results, so plenty of time :)

Hugh

Comment

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I've not forgotten the judging part! Had my hands full what with kids, work etc. Will do it when I get home this evening. I must warn you all now, I am not on anywhere near the same level as you guys when it comes to photography, so my comments will probably seem somewhat more basic and briefer than what you have become used to!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.