Weekly Photo Contest: June 1 - 7 (The Classic Headshot)

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Welcome to this weeks photo contest thread.

Dating this one was hard, so I figured we'd start it in June. I was also going to go with a different theme, but figured I'd leave the trickier themes to NeedFX…he seems to enjoy that kinda thing.

Theme: The Classic Headshot.

Bonus points for creativity. But um yeah, back to basics folks. Focus on some faces.

Rules:
1. Please submit only one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

* To see all of our past contests please see the sticky thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/ *

Good luck to everyone!

mojolicious

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2014
Sarf London
I'll submit this on my younger daughter's behalf, because she took it yesterday.

I fear the subject – me – would have been a better entry for the recent 'seen better days' thread.

I knew about the irregularity of the widow's peak, but I had no idea that I'd gone quite that thin on top. Most depressing.

----------

Here's mine...

My father on 6 October last year. The last time I saw him outside of a hospital.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Little monkey back from party

One of my little monkey just back from a birthday party. Should have post processed the cake residue off her face first I suppose...

Attachments

Hughmac

macrumors demi-god
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
My gorgeous brand new grandaughter, taken last week before my camera broke.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

Last edited:

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
My beautiful wife on our 9th anniversary. :) Focus is a bit softer than I would've liked, but its passable. Subject is gorgeous, as always. :D

EDIT: Captured with Sony a290 and Sigma 70-300 DG @ ~180mm, f5.6, ISO 400 (don't recall shutter speed). Lens's autofocus motor failed about 20-25 shots later, so that may explain the soft focus... Taken at a historic near-century-old suspension bridge in our small Kentucky town on a cloudy, overcast day - luckily I caught a few rays of sunshine in this one, though!

Attachments

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.