Weekly Photo Contest - June 12 - June 18 (Theme: Sky) Subject: Sky

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cupcakes2000, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

Weekly Photo Contest - June 12 - June 18 (Theme: Sky)

Subject: Sky.

Interpret how you will, night/day, stormy/sunny, moody/tranquil.....

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

2. joshuaginter macrumors regular

Fantastic entries from everyone again! I love this thread!

Attached Files:

3. Melizard macrumors 6502

Melizard

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Evening Storm!

Attached Files:

5. pmxperience macrumors regular

pmxperience

6. Droid13 macrumors regular

It's reflected off the roof of a car...

Hence the aerial and weird-looking lake

Attached Files:

7. MasterDragon macrumors newbie

A Big Leaf Maple against an amazing sky.

There are some nice shots in this post, great work guys.

Attached Files:

8. iTiki macrumors 6502

Maui Sunset

Attached Files:

9. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

10. 100Teraflops, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Twilight Sunset

Colorful Sky

Attached Files:

11. CK Williams macrumors regular

12. cupcakes2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

Travelling today, so i'll judge throughout the day.. should be done by the end of the day though :)

13. cupcakes2000 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, this is difficult!

VItm: Excellent photograph!Great sense of movement and majestic looking sky.

AlexH: Love this photo, the water looks silky, and the colours are fantastic!

acearchie: This is the winner, I new as soon as I saw it. I like its industrialness and I love the slightly desaturated tone you have given it, the angles, curves and composition in general are excellent. Well done.

joshuaginter: I like the clouds, really nice and fluffy. good contrast too. You get the start of the feeling of depth, but it looks a little to cropped. Not suggesting that you cropped it of course, but there is something about the composition that is making it feel a bit stifled.

Sideonecincy: I think this is a little boring, Although I like the absolute impression of vastness it gives you.

Kelco: Love the colours. The city scape looks somehow futuristic, MadMax or something. Again, I like the impression of vastness. I think that the bit of ground at the bottom left is a bit distracting. The opposing angle doesn’t help the shot I don’t think.

JDDavis: Although I like it, and it’s shape, and the refections on it, I actually have no idea what it is, or what it’s about. I don’t know why it’s there or where it’s going or where it’s come from..

Melizard: ‘The helicopter’ hey?! Nice! Really nice photo. Good textures and an excellent sense of mood.

whodareswins: I find the aeroplane vapour trail a bit of a distraction. The angle of the helicopter isn't ideal. Would be better a bit more sidey on, or even better head on! Not that possible I imagine, but I just think the shot is a bit boring.

firedept: I like this a lot. What a cloud!! If I shot it, I think I would be tempted with a black and white conversion. I would silhouette the trees in the foreground so that you couldn’t make out the cars or houses as I think It detracts. I would definitely up the contrast on the cloud as well. It pops now, but I think it could pop more!

pmxperience: Nice clouds, lovely shapes and colours! Nice shot. From a plane?

Eolian: I find it a little bit boring. It’s a nice shot, and I quite like the idea, but I just want the windmill to look like it’s moving!

Droid13: As a small thumbnail.. this shot is amazing. Kind of a David Lynch feel to it. really nice colours and mystery. I don’t like it so much when you take it to more of a correct size, It doesn’t have the same feeling for some reason..

masterdragon: This shot has grown on me massively. I love it. Love the colours, the composition. the clouds are amazing. Well done!

Chappers: Cool photo here too. Another one with a great ‘mystery’ about it.

milbournosphere: Lovely sunset. I can’t believe it took someone so long to put an obvious sunset in! I thought this thread would be full of them. I like it. nice sense of movement in the sea, whilst still looking tranquil also. Lovely colours, you have perfectly captured the mood.

iTiki: You could pretty much read what I have written for milbournosphere above!! I love the depth in this also.

mtbdudex: Nice star trail shot. Beautiful circle! A bit messy though maybe? lots of random splodges. I like it though.

100Teraflops: Nice photo, Nice colours, maybe little boring? I would maybe have tried to have brought the colours out a bit more.

CK Williams: Really amazing shot! What a find! Looks like a spaceship! Excellent!

Ravaroo: Lovely mood, lovely colours really stunning photo.

Bloody hard to judge! AMAZING photos this week! First and second I was sure about. 3rd was a much harder choice I chose CK Williams, but special note goes to MasterDragon and Ravaroo,

3. CK Williams

2. AlexH

1. acearchie

Over to you acearchie.

14. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Congrats acearchie - great iamge.

cupcakes2000 - those "random splodges" are actually fireflies! They've been quite active past 7-9 days. On purpose I also left in the plane streaks.
    Lot's happening outside while most mortals are sleeping :)