Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
What makes you feel connected with the nature? What makes you feel recharged, relaxed, happy to be in nature?

As always, standard rules apply:

* The photographs must be your own work
* You may only submit one photo per contest.
* No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
* This contest runs for about a week, starting now.
* At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
* The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
* Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
* Contest ends 11:59pm EDT on June 21, 2023.

Last edited:

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
I added the links for easy access and updated the master list.... no insult intended on my part.

• The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.

Reactions: AppleKarma

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Thank you. If someone wants to share with me how can I make the links work, I'm happy to learn.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
When writing (or click edit on your initial post) you can highlight/select a word and click on the "insert link" icon (⌘K) that is in the red circle and insert the link/the web address of the page and click save.

link/address for a new thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/digital-photography.83/post-thread
link address for master list: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/weekly-photo-contest-master-list-2015-tbd.1945331/

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 2.59.33 PM.jpg

Last edited:

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
To make it super easy for the next time you win.... you can actually just select the text from the previous contest and copy and past into your new one and it will automatically add the links as they are copied with the text.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.03.11 PM.jpg

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Same goes for the master list...
You go to the masterlist and click on "edit" and at the top you write your contest and create a link to it and hit save.
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 3.13.04 PM.jpg

Sorry for flooding this contest with screenshots

Last edited:

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Thank you very much, I will try it. You can post a nature picture if you want, so you will be on topic. Maybe you will be the next winner of the contest.

Reactions: ovbacon

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
To make it super easy for the next time you win.... you can actually just select the text from the previous contest and copy and past into your new one and it will automatically add the links as they are copied with the text.

View attachment 2218673
The weird thing is, I did take the text with copy and paste, but the links didn't work. I did use a phone and not a computer, but this should not be a problem... So I don't know why my links didn't work.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
The weird thing is, I did take the text with copy and paste, but the links didn't work. I did use a phone and not a computer, but this should not be a problem... So I don't know why my links didn't work.
I'm not sure, I do everything on my mac and rarely use my iPhone for any online stuff

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Well, I'm starting to think the problem is I'm using the phone, and Tapatalk app. I don't have all the options in your screenshot.

L.E. I edited my first post on the computer and the links are working now, so I did learn something today. Im sorry about the off topic discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: ovbacon

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Such a difficult thing to answer in a photo as to my connection to nature.... Mainly because, of course, we are part of it. Having grown up in a city and having lived in multiple metropolitan cities all over the world my younger self never imagined wanting to live anywhere besides a city until 10 years ago my wife and I moved out to the mountains on large acreages and now I can't imagine living in an urban environment again. But besides living in the woods and having tons of wildlife all around and so having a close relationship with nature I also realize that when I think about what happy memories I have of my childhood and/or family I often think about vacations or trips that were spend outside of a city and in nature.

I chose this photo because I love the changing seasons and have always lived places that have pretty clear seasons. Fall is a season that many struggle with but I find that there is so much beauty in the changing colors.

_MG_6141.jpg

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
I'm glad at least one photo was submited here. I love the autumn colors too!

Only 3 days left for this contest, anyone can participate with any nature photo that they like!

I did choose the nature theme because I was thinking that it's an easy and popular one, so I was hoping a lot of nature lovers would enter a lot of photos here. There is still time...

AppleKarma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.

* @ovbacon - I love the warmth of your photo. The rich autumn colors are one of the best parts of this season, especially the red color. I always feel so relaxed walking in nature in the autumn time, and taking pictures of all the amazing colors that the best painter - the autumn - has to offer us. Great nature connection in your photo!

* @mollyc - I love the depth and calmness of your photo! The forest always offers us a deep nature connection, it's the place where we recharge our batteries after long and hard work days. Olso it's the cool place where we run to when the city is too hot in the summer. Great nature connection in your photo!

* @Strider64 - I love the cycle of life in your photo! The first baby birds are the sign that spring has won the fight with the winter. A new lease of life. Listening and watching wild birds is so relaxing and offers us a great nature connection!

* @Janichsan - I love the richness of your photo! The deep pink of the Japanese Cherry Tree flowers is so pleasing. The new flowers in the spring, after the long winter with no flowers outside, makes my soul bloom again! And the bees are so important in the nature, without them our world will never be the same. You have the best of both worlds in your photo, and such an amazing nature connection!

* @JAWJr - I love the wonderful beach vibe of your photo! I have a great connection with the beach everytime that I can go there, and I feel that the waves are washing away all the stress and sadness from my soul and mind. Great calmness in your photo, and a deep nature connection!

* @Lorange - I love the peace and the stillness of your photo! In the winter the nature looks so motionless and cold, almost dead. But the Mother Nature is just resting after a long year. She is very much alive, and so is the great connection we have with her! Beautiful and calming photo!

I really love every one of your pictures, they are all great exemples of the nature connection, so in my eyes you are all winners! But I have to choose only 3...

The first place: @Janichsan
The second place: @ovbacon
The third place: @JAWJr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.