Weekly Photo Contest November 16-23 Topic: Get low, get close

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fitshaced, Nov 15, 2011.

1. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest.
    (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

This week's topic: Get low, get close

As always, the topic is open to interpretation.

2. JAWJr macrumors member

Mans best friend- taken with an iPhone as my camera wasn't in reach...

Attached Files:

3. mackmgg, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  4. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

5. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Labradorite - a mineral of the plagioclase feldspar group

Attached Files:

6. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

7. coryndiego, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

coryndiego macrumors regular

coryndiego

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

iso 400, 200mm, f2.8, 1/1000th

Attached Files:

9. HalfOnWhole macrumors member

Litte sister climbing about

Attached Files:

10. Coco1947 macrumors newbie

Photo taken with Iphone 4

Monkey from Gibraltar.

[​IMG]

11. bluefox9er, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

bluefox9er macrumors regular

Love to contribute..

Lone simba..on his last legs :-( (NOT in a zoo, this was a wild one in Kenya!)

[​IMG]

12. fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Folks, comp is now closed. I'll be judging very soon.

13. Chappers, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

And there was me thinking it had about 12 hours (ish) to go. Bugger
    This was going to be my entry (within the week) :)

[​IMG]

14. fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Sorry folks, I'll include late entries as I wont get to judge until this evening (Eastern Australia).

15. fitshaced, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I really like this one and you may have captured the best way of viewing this piece of art. Perhaps could have done with some fill flash though.

Doesnt he (or she) look lost? Lovely dog and the lighting is very good. Captured the coat and eyes very well.

I like the detail in the sand. I can't view your exif data and would like to know how close you managed to get. The background blur brings out the detail on the bird very well. Reminds me, must get to the beach this weekend.

I would have preferred more detail on the ground. I think the depth of field might be a little too shallow.

Really nice image. I'd have liked to have seen your exif data to get an idea on focal length for this. But the butterfly is really good as you got a lot of the detail of it.

I love this composition. Fits the frame very well. Makes you want to pick it off the tree. Nice bokeh as well. Is this another iphone shot?

Interesting, never heard of the term labradorite before. Looks like someone made a real mess over your windscreen.

Love it. I think I've seen it in the POTD thread. Very sharp and great colour. Did you use extension tubes for this?

I like how the stream brings your eye from one corner to the centre of the pic. Good use of an ultrawide angle lens. Giving depth instead of width.

I really like this one. Reminds me of an Adorama TV tip with Bryan Petersen. But they were looking up at the sky. You'd lose the divide between the sky and the ground if you did that. Love it.

I'm not good with my balance and worse on moving trains. I like the angle you took this at and how close you got to the tracks. I'm guessing you put your ear to them first to ensure there wasnt a train approaching.

Thats very nice but I would have had more of the front flower in focus.

There are several aspects to this picture which I really like. The depth of field, the colours, the silhouette in the background, the clouds gathering and the bubbles in the water. Red sky at night?

Again, really nice colours and detail on the leaf and the moss. I think the depth of feild is a little too shallow.

The focus seems to be on your sisters left leg and not the other. I'd have tried to capture both in focus. But certainly fits the theme. Is she about to jump from a good height?

I expect thats the view of many kids in a playground when crawling around in the dirt and you inevitably get a shoe in the face :p. I think this is the best way to photograph children. She'svery cute.

Coco, I cant see your pic.

I'd like to know how close you managed to get. As this wasnt in a zoo, its most likely much closer than I'd be willing to go.

Insects always look different in shots like this. Great bokeh, lovely colours and good detail on the bees.

Great shot chappers. How did this come about? Did you have the toy car with you as you walked down the street only to spot its big brother?

So.....

Third place: Coryndiego

Second place: Chappers

First place: pistonsfan1600