Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
The topic this week is Perfect Timing!

I would love to see your nominations for photos where you have captured a moment or a scene at precisely the right time. Below is one of mine. I do not do any kind of social media like Facebook, Twitter (or 'X' or whatever it is now) or Instagram etc and I don't often put photos of my children on here. But this photo was a few years ago and the moment I took it I had a feeling I had captured it at exactly the right time. And before anyone asks, I have absolutely no idea what they were laughing at!

So, anything at all that you think would be a good photo to enter, please go for it!

As always, standard rules apply:

• The photographs must be your own work
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • No commenting or liking photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • This contest runs for a week, starting now.
  • At the end of the competition, the judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. Just to add; I am actually going away next Tuesday but I'll try to get on here to judge.
  • The 1st place winner will start a new thread here with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
Finally, I do hope I have done this correctly, as I'm not used to doing this! 😬

IMG_1711.JPG

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I completely understand this weeks title (and already have a favourite choice).
However the second I saw the title, my brain registered a parellel thought which just for a bit of fun I've created here.

PerfectTiming.jpg

My pilot's watch here is claimed to be accurate to 1 second every 100,000 years, so I believe is well in keeping with 'Pefect Timing'.
It receives a radio controlled signal at 02:00hrs each morning from the world atomic clock, so if that clock should ever 'throw a wobbly' I guess the kids could be late for school; a brilliant novel excuse to tell the teacher......;)

Last edited:

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I was expecting a load of entries but it’s been unusually quiet (did I set it up correctly I’m wondering!?)

I’m away on holiday at the moment and viewing and doing this on my iPhone which I’m not used to, so fingers crossed you can all see this ok!

@Strider64 - a fantastic and well-timed photograph which you must have been pleased with. Although with one dog with their back to you and the other sticking their tongue out, perhaps they just didn’t want to have their picture taken!? ;)

@akash.nu - I’m a big fan of your photos and this is another brilliant one. Loving the colours too. Really great photo.

@thirsty_monk - you say it’s not the best angle but I think it’s a great angle. Makes me wonder how you captured such a photo (way beyond my capabilities!) I think it’s superb.

@CooperBox - I like your interpretation of the subject, and I like your timepiece too! Watches that receive the radio controlled signals (same as Multiband 6, right?) are awesome.

So, the verdict:

1st - @thirsty_monk
2nd - @Strider64
3rd - @akash.nu

Sorry there wasn’t as many entries as usual but thanks to everyone who participated.

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
Well, I wasn't expecting that, thank you for your kind words and for the first place!

If you use high shutter speed and high burst some of the images can be surprising ;) I've got plenty of not so sharp/good photos, not even with the bird in it ;)

IMG_2529.jpg

I will think of a new contest theme and post it soon(ish).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.