Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
◻△◇Basic Geometric⬡▱

Having checked the relevant wiki, I'm amazed nothing like this theme has been posted in the past four years. Cannot be sure about earlier contests though.

Some guidelines for yaz.

-Looking for the basest of shapes, so choose your shapes wisely.
-Shapes need to be prominent.
-Minimum 3 sides.
-No more than 25 sides per shape, or you'll be disqualified for being too complicated.
-Circles are excluded from above 2 rules.

The UPDATED rules apply:
· Do not comment, vote or react on images prior to winners' announcements.
· The photographs must be your own work.
· You may only submit one photo per contest.
· This contest runs for one week, if in doubt, check the dates in the title.
· At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
· If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 1st and 2nd place remain stranded on the same deserted island somewhere in the tropics. Alien abduction does not excuse you.
· The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
-Refrain from bribing the judges to get yourself 2nd place (such as, and not exclusive to: cryptocurrency, gear, forum favors, copyright transfers)
-Be sure to update the Contest Masterlist as soon as you post a new theme.

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I'm in.

Blade-2b - levels adjusted.jpg

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
yup, the masses have decided no likes on contest images before the winner announcement to avoid affecting final judgement. It's been extensively discussed in previous contest and reflected in updated contest rules.

We had some discussion about the rules while we were waiting for Donka to judge last week's contest. The discussion is in last week's thread. It is worthwhile to read.

Ah. Shouldn’t have missed the last contest. Serves me right! I’ll read up. Thanks guys.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I think once everybody gets used to not hitting the "like" button (reacting) to the images posted in a competition it will work out much better all the way around for competitors, viewers and judges.

Agree completely.

And it is merely reverting to the way things were before the "like" (or "react") button was reached for so readily, as, if memory serves, until fairly recently, nobody commented on, (or "liked") submissions or entries to the weekly competition until after judging had taken place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.