Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Around here the leaves are turning so naturally the topic for this week is Fall Colours. Fall was last used back in 2015 and Autumn in 2016 so it's been just over five years. If it's a bit early for your neck of the woods, archival shots are just fine. Short explanations are always appreciated.

NOTE: I will update the master list as time allows.

Standard rules apply:
  • Do not comment, vote, react or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.
  • The photographs must be your own work.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest but you can point the members at the internet for a contextual bio image to illustrate your mimicry.
  • This contest runs for one week. If in doubt, check the dates in the title.
  • At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 22:00, Sept 30, 2021 Mountain Time.

Last edited:

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Around here the leaves are turning so naturally the topic for this week is Fall Colours. Fall was last used back in 2015 and Autumn in 2016 so it's been just over five years. If it's a bit early for your neck of the woods, archival shots are just fine. Short explanations are always appreciated.

NOTE: I will update the master list as time allows.

Standard rules apply:
  • Do not comment, vote, react or click “like” on images prior to the winners being announced.
  • The photographs must be your own work.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest but you can point the members at the internet for a contextual bio image to illustrate your mimicry.
  • This contest runs for one week. If in doubt, check the dates in the title.
  • At the end of the week, The Judge will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • If the Judge is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline, then last week's 2nd place has to step in. 3rd place takes over should 2nd place be similarly unable to officiate.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create a new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).
  • Be sure to update the Contest Master List as soon as you post a new theme.
  • Contest ends 22:00, Sept 30, 2021 Mountain Time.
Please update the contest master list (it's a wiki style post that everyone can edit)

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Found one! Letchworth State Park from 1999.
Gorge1.jpg

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Definitely fall in the Rockies already!

199A9957.jpg

Took this one at the Maroon Bells this week. Completely clouded in which meant you couldn't actually see the mountains! As someone who lives nearby (and has seen it on a clear day before) it was beautiful, but there were a lot of disappointed photographers who had travelled far for the classic view and couldn't get it.

fauxtog

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2017
Fall colors don’t peak here until 2nd week of October. I have a 13x19 print of this hanging in my living room, my first print, taken with a 20D at Morton’s Aboretum.

949DEE47-F232-4F2C-A91A-76C398DD24DA.jpeg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
IMG_4595.jpeg

Fall leaves from a trip to Japan 2014. End of November is so popular in Japan as much as the spring for the cherry blossom. We got there by chance not knowing it was so beautiful.
Children temple Kiyomizu-dera, Kyoto

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.