WeFixMac.com for white iphone conversion in UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by james948, Nov 25, 2010.

1. james948 macrumors 6502

Has anyone heard of these guys? Their prices are more than reasonable; white display, home button and back for less than 80 quid.
    I may go there tomorrow to check out their parts if they get back to me.

2. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Do let us know how it goes if you decide to proceed with the conversion :D

3. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Shall do. I have the parts now and they seem top notch. I'm going to head in on Monday to ask them to do the conversion for me as I don't trust it myself.

4. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Good luck mate! Hope it turns out all well and nice for you. :D

5. coco0612 macrumors newbie

Hey James, i just found your thread here as i posted yesterday on the other thread concerning wefixmac. So if you could please try and upload some pics and if you could possible give us a little bit more detail on the quality, specs and possible problems you encountered that could be similar to other companies such as ifix etc?

thanks in advance :)

Alex

6. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey there,
    Wefixmac are very good. Unfortunately my only camera is on the phone itself so I can't take any pictures. I'll try and take some photobooth pictures this afternoon but I can't promise they'll be any good. Meanwhile, the front is near perfect, in my opinion. Their back leaves something to be desired; doesn't quite fit right but the front is awesome. Perfectly aligned, retina display.

As a company they're good. They'll ship out very fast delivery and go out of their way to help you. Expect almost overnight shipping with tracking.

Oh, their home button that they supplied wasn't good; the square symbol wasn't centred. However I ordered another one for a fiver from ebay and that was good.

So, as far as I'm concerned they currently (and I got a front assembly from them last week) have very good quality front assemblies at the cheapest price I've seen.

Hope this helps.
    James

7. james948, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

!

Here are some pictures;
    apologies for quality they are from photo booth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Looks fantastic lad, very well done.
    How much did you pay for all the parts/conversion?

9. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did the conversion myself and the parts cost 59 pounds for the front and backplate.

10. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

That's a fantastic price for what looks like amazing quality parts.
    Was the conversion tough? Did you follow a tutorial?
    Also, did you change the ports and headphone jack to a white version as well? :D

11. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Conversion was tough; you MUST make sure that you are grounded and that you are using clean fingers and that the right screws go into the right holes.
    No to headphone and port; don't care enough at all.
    It is a fantastic price even if you need to buy a new home button and a new back (the back they provided wasn't very good)

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

13. coco0612 macrumors newbie

Thanks alot for those pictures James very much appreciated. I think i am going to buy the front from them and go to the shop and make them put it on for me and then simply buy a backplate for ifix maybe and just slide it on. Does that sound like a reasonable idea?

Thanks again for the pics, looks amazing :)

14. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

I think that's a pretty good idea, might sound like something that I would do myself.

It should cost less if you're just getting the front plates?
    And then get a OEM Glass back plate. :D

15. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Their backplates may be better now. Bear in mind I was going to ask them to do it for me but they were going to charge me 30 or 40 pounds to put it together. I'd probably do it myself if I were you. Since I've done it a few times now, I'm fairly good at it; I'm considering offering my services!!

16. coco0612 macrumors newbie

Oh that is too much! well i live in london myself in fulham, so if your offering your services let me know! i'd be greatly interested as i am not sure i'd be capable of taking apart completely the phone myself..!:D

alex

17. coco0612 macrumors newbie

Yeah i think that sounds about right. and i mean the backplate is just slide on so .. sounds like a plan! :)

Currently waiting on my freind to come see me and sell me his iphone 4 for 150 quid! then will straight away go to the shop! can't wait!! :p

18. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Call first as it says they don't have any in stock right now though they might do instore.

19. coco0612 macrumors newbie

They do have the front plates in stock (31 in stock) but not the pack back and front plate :). I'll givem a call tomorrow. just a last question james, do you think you could measure the screen if it is off by 0.5mm on one side as their has been alot of those problems recently?

Many thanks

20. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it but the screen is ever so slightly off; the bezel is ever so slightly larger on the right than the left. Doesn't bother me though.

21. coco0612 macrumors newbie

ah yeah that's what i thought. I don't think it's much of a problem but just wanted to make sure in case they had received some new perfectionned plates :). Hope you're enjoying your white iphone, i simply cant wait and resist!

About your conversion service, do let me know what you count on offering etc, i'd probably be interested!:D

Thanks again for all the info

Alex

22. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just measured my bezel and it's dead on. It was the perspective that was making me think the other side was off. It's perfect!

23. coco0612 macrumors newbie

Great! I'll order a front plate during this week then!

How about that conversion service james? are you thinking about doing it?

Have a great night ! :p

Alex

24. mii4 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

are the front screens definately glass & not hardened plastic & have you had any issues with the prox. sensor?

thanks

25. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Definitely glass. No issues with prox sensor.

I'm prob not going to offer services to help do the conversion as it is risky and I'd feel immensely guilty if anything went wrong. I can however offer advice on how to do it.