Weight lifters having this problem?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JoshMKB24, May 11, 2015.

1. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

So I was wearing my watch and found out my weight lifting gloves don't really fit over the glove. Anyone find a way around this that doesn't involve taking off the watch? What brand gloves do you have that work well around this problem?

Attached Files:

2. loyalist macrumors 6502

I have the exact gloves and my watch sits next to my gloves. Doesn't slip into my gloves like you.

3. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

I use the shorter gloves.

I use these or similar tho these actually!

Attached Files:

4. Webnasty macrumors member

Ditch he gloves. You get to build up cool calluses.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I lift without gloves brah problem solves. It's like using the P pad when you squat.

6. acctman, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015

acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

not to state the obvious but your watch does have an adjustable band... move it up higher on your wrist.

Attached Files:

7. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

Lose the gloves. Seriously. If you need wrist support get some wrist wraps. If you don't wanna ruin your smooth hands on heavy lifts use straps. I have a callous on my palm under every finger on both hands and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But if you're not lifting large amounts of weight you really don't need anything. It's like wearing goggles in the shower. It's overkill.

8. JoshMKB24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

Yeah, the reason I didn't is because doesn't it need to be right over your wrist for the heart rate monitor and all that other stuff to work? If not then yes that is the perfect solution.

9. Mumbles01 macrumors regular

Lol. Lifting with gloves is your first mistake.

10. LiemTa macrumors regular

Yes. Correct form will mitigate the use of pansy gloves

11. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

your heart rate can be taken from just about anywhere on your body. the wrist, neck and chest are calm because you can actually feel the pulse. The sensor getting the heart rate from your blood as it pulses/moves through your body. You can even use the iPhone camera and an app like Argus to get your heart rate from your finger tip.

I would suggest getting the Spigen Rugged case (I have the Thin Case on in the pic, also have the rugged) which I use for workouts at the gym. Just moving around the gym i knock my wrist/watch against a lot of things. The rugged spigen case helps out a lot.

12. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

Seriously unless you're a girl. DITCH the gloves. By some straps for your heavy pull days and thats all you need.

13. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Never wear gloves. Prefer the feel of steel in my hands. Only girly boys are worried about calluses :p

14. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

Lol you guys are hilarious maybe he wants better grip? And not too worried about the calluses...lol

15. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

gloves aren't even the issue - that is a iRed Herring

The issue is that when I lift, I have such a large expansion of muscles throughout my body, that I need to constantly adjust the band.

In just one week I went from the medium to the large loop.

16. HairlessNinja macrumors newbie

17. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

I wear gloves, but I fill them with thumb tacks first. That gives you maximum callouses and a furious adrenaline pump to get those extra sets. #alpha

18. HairlessNinja macrumors newbie

Go ahead, wear gloves. I'll be over here building up my resistance to staph and msra ;)

19. Wishbrah macrumors regular

20. grenhall macrumors regular

21. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing gloves in the weights room. Give weights a go without them, you really do not need gloves .

22. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

This thread is quite hilarious. Is there any reason that you think that you need gloves? In the first few months of the gym I thought it would help with grip so I used them eventually after a few months I couldn't really hold the weight with my grip anymore so I got some lifting straps. I lift superheavy and still always got calluses under the gloves and straps. Just think of them as battle wounds. You don't need the gloves.
    Has anybody used lifting straps with the watch? Any issues?

23. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Lifting straps??

Do you even lift bro?

24. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

25. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

DO U EVEN LIFT BRO?

Jk. No I totally get the need for gloves. I've gotten blisters and callouses before from using free weights. They build up after awhile, but there is some pain and annoyance in the beginning.

Tuck