Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
I use 3D touch on my phone icon to access some of my favorites.
I have noticed lately that once I authenticate and I am on my home screen and I 3D touch on any icon, I will not get the submenu but instead get the ability to move apps around the home screen. Even if I wait a second or two to 3D touch.

Try authenticating, swiping up and then 3D touching an app. Does it happen to you?

This is not a big deal, just curious :)

Edit:
Just to be clear. This only happens when I immediately 3D touch after unlocking or within 1-2 seconds of unlocking.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have noticed lately that once I authenticate and I am on my home screen and I 3D touch on any icon, I will not get the submenu but instead get the ability to move apps around the home screen. Even if I wait a second or two to 3D touch.

Try authenticating, swiping up and then 3D touching an app. Does it happen to you?

It sounds like you aren't really using 3D Touch (or at least your phone doesn't think so) and simply doing a long press.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia

Try doing what I did - adjust the 3D Touch sensitivity in General > Accessibility > 3D Touch to "light" & see if that helps.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

Edit:
Just to be clear. This only happens when I immediately 3D touch after unlocking or within 1-2 seconds of unlocking.
This is a known bug. No 3D touch immediately after unlock. I’m sure it will be fixed in an update.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Edit:

This might be somewhat related, but this member started a thread yesterday on 3D Touch issues with extreme sensitivity and Made the necessary adjustments under settings, and still is experiencing problems.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/3d-touch-getting-in-the-way.2115603/

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
OK, so others are experiencing this issue as well and it seems to be a bug. No big deal at all, I am sure it will be fixed.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
It's been a documented bug in developer release notes since iOS 11 beta 3 or so. I wonder what's taking so long to fix it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It's been a documented bug in developer release notes since iOS 11 beta 3 or so. I wonder what's taking so long to fix it.

I partially think 3D Touch is fairly intricate both hardware and software, and; maybe there are multiple issues that are causing the problem that have not been fully identified.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
This is a known bug since 11.3 beta following 11.3 release. You need to wait 3 seconds after unlocking the device to use 3D Touch

Last edited:

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia

Edit:

This happens to me all the time and the reason is that I try to use 3D touch while the home zoom animation is still in progress. Apple should change something about it. Wait a second after unlocking and it works normally.

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
I also have the same issue, I Dont think is a software bug, but an issue with the phone(Hardware), I have a friend with an IphoneX, he does not have this issue, we both are in the same IOS.

Thanks

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY

Edit:
I have the same thing happen. Not sure why it does this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.