Weird happenings with update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Philstir, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Philstir macrumors newbie

this last update when checking last Wed. for 10.5.8 was only 165 mgs. I checked on the Apple update page and it showed two hundred and something mgs. Well, tonight I downloaded a video from Vimeo.com and along with it it downloaded MacOs update 10.5.8. O.K. no problem. So I tried closing safari and it asked do you really want to quit the download. Huh? I thought if it was a true update download it wouldn't matter if safari was running or not. Is something going on here??:confused:

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Are you downloading the delta/combo through Safari or Software Update? If the latter, then you're correct - Safari isn't needed.

3. celticpride678

If Safari said that there was something downloading, there was something downloading, not related to 10.5.8. Check the Downloads window under "Window" in the Safari menu.

If you are sure nothing was downloading, I recommend reinstalling Safari and making sure it and all plug-ins are up to date.

4. Philstir thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure what the delta/combo is.

5. Philstir thread starter macrumors newbie

this is what the file said:MacOSXUpd10.5.8.dmg.download I canceled it thinking it was malicious. Malicious because I just updated last week. Was the 10.5.8 165mg download last week a fake? My update says I'm all up to date.

6. iJiten macrumors member