iPhone X weird thing in photos app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k0stelos, Jan 1, 2018.

1. gahig ulo macrumors 6502

gahig ulo

i checked couple iphone X’s at bestbuy today and it behave the same and i also check the iphone 8’s and it doesnt so probably the oled screen thing

2. k0stelos thread starter macrumors newbie

k0stelos

I checked an iphone 7 and it it behaved the same.. it isn’t so noticeable but it does it! So it’s probably a software issue.. let’s hope for an update!

3. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

May be the issue. I think having both on jacked my iCloud Photo Library. iCloud on backs up everything. Photostream is the recent 1,000. If you have backups might be worth being on WiFi and turning Photostream off.

4. k0stelos thread starter macrumors newbie

k0stelos

It sais it will delete all photostream photos from my iphone...

5. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I love google photos. I like the extra features, group people's faces, stylizing, custom movies, etc.

6. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

Maybe someone can chime in but if your iCloud has those 1,000 plus more you may be good.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317

I also highly recommend a secondary backup like Google Photos app

7. k0stelos thread starter macrumors newbie

k0stelos

Even so they will just be deleted just from my phone right? Turn it back on will show up again?

8. PBz macrumors 68000

PBz

Hoping someone else can confirm. I don’t want to be the person who loses you Photos. I just know I’ve had issues with both on.

9. k0stelos thread starter macrumors newbie

k0stelos

Xaxa ok thanks anyway I’ll back them up again and I’ll try it..

10. Ernestastoc macrumors newbie

Ernestastoc

Anyone solved this problem? I'm also not using icloud photo library, and still have low resolution photos, but then you zoom in it changed to high resolution..

11. fred98tj macrumors 6502

I know it’s of no help but my X does not do that at all. I don’t use iCloud photo backup either.

12. gahig ulo macrumors 6502

gahig ulo

i dont believe :) you look closely.take picture using stock camera app and then go to photos app and check the pictures,heres what you need to do,make sure you close the stock photos app and then open it,go to the photos that youve taken and click on it(make sure you really look at it)and then zoom in and out you will notice that the photo is changing from low resolution to high but you can only do it once the zooming in and out because once you did it will stay in high resolution until you close/kill the and app