Weird things you do just because

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
1,319
0
I was talking with my girlfriend and she noticed thingsi do and went "huh?"

Here are some examples:

- I dont like to sit facing the wall giving my back to the room (such in a hotle room)
- When i sleep i like one side (left or right) touching the wall, i went so far as rearranging the hotle room when i stayed there for 2 weeks.
- I would fill the glass with soda but i would only fill it to half way drink that, then drink pour the rest.
- I have 10 kinds of deodorants, even thou i only use 2.
- I always flush the toilet even thou i just went in to brush my teeth.
- When i sleep the tv has always to be on.
-When i sleep i need a night light
- On my mac i have to have a folder for everything, if i have a a file that does not belong anywere i will make a file for it.
- I take a pill which says take 1 hour before going to the gym, i will always take it 1 hour before going to the gym. Not 45mins before, not 50 mins before.

I cant think of anymore but if i do i will add them here.
 

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
826
1
Home
This gives your username a whole new meaning :p
Well i cant think of any weird, strange, unique things that i do, but if some cross my mind, i will be sure to post them.
 

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
1,826
2
goodtimes5 said:
I prefer to sit on the left bottom side corner of a table.
How can you tell the corner if it is symetrical??

I like sleeping facing the door. IKt does not depend on side just facing the door.
 

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
2,478
2
I'm pretty obsessed with doing "things" in 5s -- take steps in multiples of 5, brush my teeth in multiples of 5 strokes, chew and sip in multiples of 5, drum my fingers in multiples of 5. Makes me sound crazy, but it's one way to keep balanced, I think. I'm always counting off in my head, so why not put it to work?
 

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
3,416
12
Up the irons
I hate sitting in the front. Can't help but think people are staring at me instead of what they ought to pay attention too. Drives me nuts sometimes. So, I avoid sitting in the front (say at a speech, or movie theater)
 

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,320
13
UK
crazycat said:
- I would fill the glass with soda but i would only fill it to half way drink that, then drink pour the rest.
- I have 10 kinds of deodorants, even thou i only use 2.
- I always flush the toilet even thou i just went in to brush my teeth.
- When i sleep the tv has always to be on.
-When i sleep i need a night light

.
You're such a wasteful person.

Do your bit and conserve energy/water!

You should really learn to get over your habits.

Rich.
 

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
1,087
1
Not at the beach...
crazycat said:
I was talking with my girlfriend and she noticed thingsi do and went "huh?"

Here are some examples:

- I dont like to sit facing the wall giving my back to the room (such in a hotle room)
- When i sleep i like one side (left or right) touching the wall, i went so far as rearranging the hotle room when i stayed there for 2 weeks.
- I would fill the glass with soda but i would only fill it to half way drink that, then drink pour the rest.
- I have 10 kinds of deodorants, even thou i only use 2.
- I always flush the toilet even thou i just went in to brush my teeth.
- When i sleep the tv has always to be on.
-When i sleep i need a night light
- On my mac i have to have a folder for everything, if i have a a file that does not belong anywere i will make a file for it.
- I take a pill which says take 1 hour before going to the gym, i will always take it 1 hour before going to the gym. Not 45mins before, not 50 mins before.

I cant think of anymore but if i do i will add them here.
Wow.
You're weird.
 

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
852
1
NYC
I always need my bedroom door shut, even if I am alone. I cannot concentrate on anything if I know the door is open.

I need to sleep in complete darkness, even when I was little (and with the door shut of course).

I like my eggs slightly raw and runny; anything more and I feel sick after eating the eggs (they seem way too dry to me....my omelettes NEED to be runny).

I always crave chocolate milk and get some to drink..but I hate it. My friends have to constantly remind me to not buy the chocolate milk because 4 seconds after opening it I remember I hate it.

I drink 4-6 glasses of skim milk a day.
 

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
1,320
13
UK
mariahlullaby said:
I always need my bedroom door shut, even if I am alone. I cannot concentrate on anything if I know the door is open.

I need to sleep in complete darkness, even when I was little (and with the door shut of course).

I like my eggs slightly raw and runny; anything more and I feel sick after eating the eggs (they seem way too dry to me....my omelettes NEED to be runny).

I always crave chocolate milk and get some to drink..but I hate it. My friends have to constantly remind me to not buy the chocolate milk because 4 seconds after opening it I remember I hate it.

I drink 4-6 glasses of skim milk a day.
You should cut down on your milk intake.

Milk is not good.

Cows are pumped full of hormones so they can produce milk all year round.

You're taking in those hormones yourself!

"Dairy products are a health hazard. They contain no fiber or complex carbohydrates and are laden with saturated fat and cholesterol. They are contaminated with cow's blood and pus and are frequently contaminated with pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Dairy products are linked to allergies, constipation, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other diseases."

Rich.
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,387
114
Location Location Location
Whenever I drink out of a glass, I need to wipe the area around the rim of the cup with my thumb because a single droplet of water (or whatever I'm drinking) sitting in an area of the cup where my lips has been makes me go crazy.
 

Agent Smith

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2004
260
0
Toronto, ON
I must, repeat MUST sit in the centre seat in a movie theatre. I go so far as to count the number of seats in the row if the theatre is symmetrical.
 

HughJ

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
224
0
Norwich UK
i cannot wear mismatched socks, although they are all nearly exactly the same, by that i mean one pair may have a small grey detailing on the heal or side or the knit may vary slightly. i've tried to just to wear any but all day it will drive me insane.
 

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
1,219
1
New York
KingYaba said:
I hate sitting in the front. Can't help but think people are staring at me instead of what they ought to pay attention too. Drives me nuts sometimes. So, I avoid sitting in the front (say at a speech, or movie theater)
I'm the same way, it makes me feel really uncomfortable. It happens in one of my classes often (not a whole lot of seats left when I get to campus), and the professor looks at me a lot of the time.

mariahlullaby said:
I like my eggs slightly raw and runny; anything more and I feel sick after eating the eggs (they seem way too dry to me....my omelettes NEED to be runny).
I have to have my eggs well done. Same reason as you need yours runny. I feel sick after having eggs not done well enough.
 

afornander

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
286
0
I always need my bedroom door shut, even if I am alone. I cannot concentrate on anything if I know the door is open.
same here, my parents are always confused by it, they think I'm doing stuff i shouldn't be.

also...
-when listening to music from stereo speakers, they have to be an equal distance away on each side.

-when i sit down, i will find myself crossing my legs under the chair without noticing

-if i have a pen/pencil and I'm listening to something i will start tapping on something close to me with it.
 

ChrisWB

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2004
254
1,053
Chicago
Blue Velvet said:
Lecturing complete strangers. ;)
You should cut down on quoting.

Pointing out people's oddly hypocritical behavior is not good.

People are taught to correct others, no matter how annoying it is.

You're running the risk of inspiring him to change his behavior!

:D
 

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
1,573
3
in your pants
I tend to bite the skin/gunk/whatever off the *bites stuff off lip* very surface of my lips when I'm bored/nervous/thinking *bites stuff off lip* or sometimes just for no *bites stuff off lip* apparent reason.