well dont forget the iphone is an ipod.......so

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joseph1313, Feb 17, 2008.

1. joseph1313 macrumors member

i wanted to take my iphone and make it act as an ipod
    theres this thing for cars where u can plug u ipod into it and it palys ur songs
    well would that work with the iphone?
    let me no thnx

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It would work, however, the iPhone's earpiece is too small to let anything normal go in. You have to purchase an adapter from Griffin's (a third party hardware producer for Apple related products) in order to hook up other things, like speakers using the earpiece jack

3. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

ne griffins near me...never heard of them i live in long island new york

4. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

I believe Griffin is a manufacturer... and so you can buy their products in a wide range of retail stores...

:D

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products

5. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

you can also place the iphone in the dock and connect it like that without an adapter

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

that also....but he means in the car. I am positive your suggestion works however, it will be a challenge in the car...seeing as their is *very* little flat space in a car...

you don;t want to scratch your iPhone...

7. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

wait the thing for the car peeple have for ipod plugs in the headphone adapter or plugs in the bottom where u charge would it work if they made ones for where u charge cause if that worked id jus use that

8. pilotkev1 macrumors member

Wat?

9. munroe macrumors regular

Anybody tried any of the various devices that plug into the bottom (charger connection) of the iPhone/iPod? Some of them transmit controls to the iPod, do they work the same way with the iPhone?

10. andysmith macrumors 6502

My Alpine X001 car stereo works fine with the iPhone, and that connects to the dock connector.

11. Mescolito macrumors newbie

I have slid my iPhone into one of those FM transmitter cradles in a friends car. A message appeared on the screen saying something like, "This device does was not intended to work with iphone." But it worked anyway.

ALSO

I found a kit at WalMart for like $10 that contained several adaptors, and a wire/plug that is skinny enough to fit into the plug of the iPhone. I use the wire to connect to an FM transmitter in my car, works fine.

12. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

13. LukeHarrison macrumors regular

LukeHarrison

I saw that when I was playing with the hifi's with iPod docks in Currys. All it means is that it'll work, but it'll turn Airline Mode on, so as to prevent audio interference. Clever feature actually.