Well guys - I've gone and done it..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AndyDel, Apr 22, 2009.

1. AndyDel macrumors member

After being a PC/Windows man since the days of Windows 3.1 ... I've made a bit of a jump.. And over the past 2 weeks bought.. A 2009 model iMac and 2009 model Macbook...

So do i get a welcome basket? :) - I feel suitably snobby after purchasing this lot

[​IMG]

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

if you really want to feel snobby, you should get some nice cable management going on. :D

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Too many "Andys". You're fired. Collect your things and get out.

4. AndyDel thread starter macrumors member

Only just set it up this evening. Will do some tidying over the weekend :)

Next on the list of purchases is a griffin laptop stand, wireless mighty mouse and wireless keyboard. Which ill pickup over the weekend.

As for being an Andy.. Blame my parents for giving me such an amazing and popular name, i'm simply a victim.

5. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Did you really need to post a 2nd thread about your purchase? And use [img] tags when posting large images.

Other than that, enjoy your new Macs.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Welcome to the rebellion. May the force be with you, my son. :)

8. AndyDel thread starter macrumors member

2nd post? - I posted in the macbook forums once i got the macbook.. Twas my taster.. I thought i'd officially say hello as i've moved completely away from Windows.

Experiencing OSX and the general build quality of the macbook impressed me so much i sold my PC and went all the way. Always been slightly anti-apple, feels odd to now have embraced it... iMovie was a big reason - baby due in 4-5 weeks and the ease in which you can create movies.. It's gonna be a real treat sending edited videos to the grandparents abroad.

You're as moody as my pregnant wife kainjow - It always astonishes me how seriously some people take forums. Oh no, another thread - the gates of hell shalt open and consume us all.

9. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

Uhh, do you really want that thing?

And, congratulations on your new purchase. :)

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You only got a 20"??? ;)

(At least you got the optional keyboard.)

11. AndyDel thread starter macrumors member

Wireless mouse not any good? Just thought it would be nice to be rid of the wires.. Providing it's as good as the wired one, i don't mind weight difference due to the batteries.

I was gonna go for a 24" but decided to wait and see if apple brought out a quad core version (didnt fancy spending out for the top end 24" for them to bring out a quad core in june / july). Then hopefully shift the 20" to the wife as an excuse to buy a 24"... She holds all the strings i'm afraid, had to agree to goto the GP to give up smoking to buy these two. Married life.

12. lamadude macrumors 6502

I would advice you to stay away from any version of the mighty mouse, they are the worst mice I've ever used, of course if you want to be a true apple snob I guess you don't really have a choice :)

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Agreed- no mighty mouse. The scroll wheel becomes unusable very quickly- even with regular cleaning.

14. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

Awesome desktop. Mine is over filled with an abundance of my kids' toys, papers, and dust..

15. AndyDel thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't seem to bad to me, then again i've only been using it 1-2 hours and for installing stuff.. Once i start using Photoshop / iMovie i may have a diff opinion.

Ouch PhxBlue - I've got a horrible feeling that's a glimpse of my future in the next 5-10 years.

16. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

No, BOTH the wireless and wired Mighty Mouses are worse than worthless. I think they're just about the worst mice ever mass produced. The only ones lower on the scale would be the Apple hockey puck mouse.

If you really want a scrollball, try Kensington's Slimblade.

If the scrollball is no biggie, my personal favorite wireless mice are the VX and MX Revolutions from Logitech.

I love me some Apple hardware, but really, Apple just fails epically with mice.

17. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Your welcome basket comes from your credit card company within about a month of your purchase. :)

18. beg_ne macrumors 6502

If you don't have a problem with the Mighty Mouse thats OK, although lots of people do dislike them. Personally, I've never had any major problem with mine.

If the scroll ball ever does get funky just get a lint free towel, put some rubbing alcohol on it, turn the MM upside down and just rub the ball around and it should clean any gunk out.

One of the nice things about the wireless MM regarding the weight is you don't have to use 2 batteries. You can put 2 in and get longer battery life, or just put one battery in and swap it later. That way it doesn't end up being as heavy.

19. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Your title brought this to mind - My mind is a musical

Anyways, welcome! And enjoy.

20. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

As well you should. Just don't let it go completely to your head. I still feel pity for those pathetic Windows users. They wallow in ignominy.

21. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Damn dude...you didn't screw around. Nice setup :)

22. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

LoL Welcome enjoy a virus free life!

23. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

No. Go for the Logitech MX Revolution. It's the best mouse you'll ever have - several of us have them and love them like our own children.