Well i got hosed with X preorder

BeardedTank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
So I got up at 11:45 and had pc, iPad and iPhone at the ready to place order when store came back online. I knew it was going to take me a little longer since I was registering for iup (first time using this) instead of buying outright like i usually do. But I got a Nov 17 - 24th ship date when placing order which I was ok with, and got a page in apple store iphone app saying my info had to be verified, and I would receive an email within 8 hours once everything was verified. I figured everything was fine at his point, so I went back to bed.

Well I woke up to an email a couple hours later saying “There’s an issue with your application..
There was a problem processing your application for the iPhone Upgrade Program or iPhone Payments with Citizens One because we were unable to verify your information.
Please place a new order on apple.com.” So i had to place a new order, and now delivery is dec 11-15.. Would have really appreciated an option to correct whatever info they couldn’t verify, instead of not being told what info was wrong/unverifiable and having to place a new order and wait a month. I probably should have just bought phone outright...

ripper998

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Got screwed my self with IUP. Selected that first and had a nov 3 date but realized they wouldn’t take my visa debit as a payment option and I couldn’t change it to att next. Had to redo it and got a 2-3 week date. Not as bad as you but still sucks

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I got dinged when my app glitched out, wouldn't open the favourites tab, forcing me to manually select the version I wanted. Missed launch delivery by seconds

Reactions: Moi Ici

questionmark32

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Sorry to hear man. I got hosed too. Tried to order as fast as I could at 3:01 and I kept on getting error messages. Tried to buy outright and got a 'reservation' email. Still tried through other ways and now I have a delivery date of Dec 5 - 11

By far the worst experience I've had with the pre-order process

Badman24

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Sorry to hear man. I got hosed too. Tried to order as fast as I could at 3:01 and I kept on getting error messages. Tried to buy outright and got a 'reservation' email. Still tried through other ways and now I have a delivery date of Dec 5 - 11

By far the worst experience I've had with the pre-order process
I woke up at 12:45 tried entering Apple store. Store wouldn't come online until 1:10 I kept getting errors on every page I went to. I think I tried over 20 times to contact the server. after 30 minutes I finally got an email with a 5-11 Dec date, so pissed. When I order my Apple watch it was a smooth transaction that went quick. 5-11 Dec is too long for me to wait.

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
I woke up at 12:45 tried entering Apple store. Store wouldn't come online until 1:10 I kept getting errors on every page I went to. I think I tried over 20 times to contact the server. after 30 minutes I finally got an email with a 5-11 Dec date, so pissed. When I order my Apple watch it was a smooth transaction that went quick. 5-11 Dec is too long for me to wait.
there are still lots of sprint phones ready to pick up on the 3rd or you just try lining up in front of your apple store on the 3rd since there should be some for walk in customers. sorry about your bad luck though

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Sorry for the bad run everyone had in this thread.

Seems so random how some got in, others not. I woke up at 12:30 PDT, and out of curiosity, tried to do an order for Verizon SG 64GB: 2-3 week for delivery, one Apple store near by pickup available. This was with app on an iPhone.

Moi Ici

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
awake for 20 min before launch. Get up.
Remember, I’ve been pre approved and pre credit checked, even had Apple kindly put a calendar reminder in for me, get loving texts from Apple with friendly reminds during the day.
Come 12.01 .....nothing..app still down ..right up until 12:19.
Then, it’s like “ who are you”. We’ve never seen you before. You need to be preapproved before we can go any further. I’m like “WTF”. This ******** goes on for ages and I’m tired and cold and mad as F!
I have never been so furious at Apple and myself for that matter. Wtf am I doing getting up at midnight for a phone and the worst possible experience trying to get it. I am so going to give Apple an earful for this

BeardedTank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
So I got up at 11:45 and had pc, iPad and iPhone at the ready to place order when store came back online. I knew it was going to take me a little longer since I was registering for iup (first time using this) instead of buying outright like i usually do. But I got a Nov 17 - 24th ship date when placing order which I was ok with, and got a page in apple store iphone app saying my info had to be verified, and I would receive an email within 8 hours once everything was verified. I figured everything was fine at his point, so I went back to bed.

Well I woke up to an email a couple hours later saying “There’s an issue with your application..
There was a problem processing your application for the iPhone Upgrade Program or iPhone Payments with Citizens One because we were unable to verify your information.
Please place a new order on apple.com.” So i had to place a new order, and now delivery is dec 11-15.. Would have really appreciated an option to correct whatever info they couldn’t verify, instead of not being told what info was wrong/unverifiable and having to place a new order and wait a month. I probably should have just bought phone outright...
After seeing the email that was posted to the site that apple sent to some people who had issues with iup while preordering the X, I tried calling up apple on Saturday to see if there was anything they could do for me. Never got the posted email from apple.

Had to wait about 40 mins on hold, guy I spoke to on the phone was nice but firm about them not being able to change any delivery dates, and said that if they tried to mess with anyone’s delivery dates they could actually delay the order even further, and told me the dec dates vs. the earlier dates I had were not too bad. I realized this call wasn’t going to make any difference, so said just said “thanks for your help” at that point and resigned myself to just dealing with the dec delivery dates...

Could anyone please pm me the email address that they got from the posted MR article? I want to try and one last time to see if I can get the original ship date )or closer to it).