Well, I just ordered my BlackBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GrimmPenguin, Jun 22, 2008.

1. GrimmPenguin macrumors regular

I just ordered my BlackBook, and took advantage of the iPod rebate deal as well! I'm selling the iPod to a friend as soon as I get the it in. Now I just pray that the rebate process goes smoothly. Can anyone tell me their stories of the rebate process? I'm trying to find precise, step-by-step instructions, but Apple's site just confuses me because the information is so scattered, and the only process that they list is pretty vague.

2. IconicIdentity macrumors member

Good another one of you buying up the old stock so I can get my new montevina macbook faster

3. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Why do people call it BlackBook? It's a black MacBook. Just like the iPod Touch isn't an iTouch.

4. kperrone macrumors newbie

kperrone

does it really bother you that much? if so you need a hobby..

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well, if you click the "learn more" button in the "Buy a Mac for college and get a free iPod" box in the center of the Apple Store page, it will take you here:
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/campaigns/back_to_school?mco=OTUwMDIx

It has all the details:
    1. Shop for a Mac (with a link to see if you qualify)
    2. Buy an iPod
    3. Get your rebate (with a link to file for your rebate online with all the goriest of the details)

My son did this last year and it went very simply and smoothly.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

im with you :D

7. 28monkeys macrumors 6502

28monkeys

LOL, this is funny. Should i say im with you too? haha

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Go for it - if they redesign the thing I really won't mind not having a rev A Apple Design - good times with those things. The Rev A MacBooks were shockers.

9. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Don't think running the stock down is the main determinant, tho of course Apple wants to do that. They still need to get the Montevina from Intel and, I'd guess, run QC and other tests after sticking it in whatever MB they're cooking up in the bowels of Cupertino.

10. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

11. The Swede macrumors newbie

It's just easier to say Blackbook & iTouch than Black Macbook & iPod Touch. Everyone still knows what the hell we're talking about so..

12. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Yes, it's important for the old stock to get bought up quickly, so we all have the latest and greatest for doing email/web surfing...lol...

Just kidding...

What's funny is that folks will buy the new ones, complain they're buggy, and then other posters will say "I'm waiting for the bugs to get cleaned before I buy". Then when the bugs are cleaned up, they'll be stating how the next greatest chip will be released shortly, and then they'll want to wait for that latest and greatest. They'll actually never buy a new Mac, just say they're waiting for the latest release...gone are the PPC days when you could buy, and have something for quite a while. Intel is changing constantly, so my suggestion is buy it if you need it, and move on...

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

14. klb028 macrumors 6502

Congrats! When I ordered my MacBook last summer, the rebate process went pretty smooth. I remember have a small scare once because Apple said I wasn't in their rebate system at all and it had been a good month since I sent everything off. Things like that might happen to you, but if you wait a few more weeks (or even days) everything will be sorted out. :) Just takes time and patience - two things I didn't really have... haha.

15. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

16. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

17. GrimmPenguin thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly why I didn't wait until Montevina. There is no telling when it will be released. And there is no telling what kind of problems the MacBooks have. The MacBooks right now seem perfectly fine to me. And if I had to choose between power and something that I could almost fully trust not to be buggy and last me for a long while, I will definately take on the latter. I'm not going to feel much of an improvement if I did wait for Montevina. A slightly faster chip, larger FSB, and possibly a new and buggy Intel Integrated Graphics Accelerator... The one that is out now will do everything I will require it to do, which won't be anything that a G4 could handle decently.

18. GrimmPenguin thread starter macrumors regular

That just seems pretty vague to me. It doesn't tell me if the redemption process is online, if it involves me having to mail anything in to get the check mailed to me, or what. Is there step-by-step instructions through online part of the rebate process that tells more about the mailing part, if I have to mail anything in?

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep, same here. I tend to buy later rev, more stable computers. I've never gotten a rev A of any computer. If I had the time and money to waste I might, but I have neither. I love the penryn BlackBook. Mine has been great so far.

20. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You put in the receipt number, you're mailing address and that's it! No UPCs to mail, nothing.

And these people who are telling the OP he missed out on the update--y'all acting like d**che bags. He buys what he wants when he wants--means he's not concerned with rumors and he has a happy life to live.

21. GrimmPenguin thread starter macrumors regular

Wow! I thought there was more to it than that. Thanks.
    Is the receipt number the same as my Web Order Number?

22. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Congratulations. I LOVE my BlackBook and I'm sure you'll have fun with yours.

23. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

the new MacBooks will be released when intel can provide the chips. That will be in august, so new MacBooks probably in September or so. Clearing out old stick has nothing to do with it.

24. kabunaru Guest

25. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

september meaning after the ipod deal. what am i waiting for then?