Well I like my iPhone 4 screen better than the 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtmac, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gtmac macrumors 6502a

As the title says I like my iPhone 4 screen better than the 4S.

The 4 screen is cool (white/blue) the 4S is warm (white/yellow).

Still excited and can't wait to play with the 4S but I will miss the screen.

2. WytRaven macrumors 6502

So let me get this straight. You are complaining that you current phone has a better screen than a phone you don't have in your possession yet?

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Every single iPhone 4 made right now will have the yellow tintish to it. Same with all the 4S. I have gone through countless yellow tinted screens with the iPhone 4. the 4S has it too. Mine isnt yellow tinted at all, but when I tilt it sideways, it is yellow. Just like my girlfriends white iPhone 4.

4. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I kinda agree with the OP. MY iPhone 4 had a sharper contrast and the 4S has more of a milky, softer lightness to it. Doesn't bother me, nor make me regret my purchase but is noticeable.

5. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope have them both in my hands.

My 4 has a better screen, period.

I'll be selling the 4 shortly.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Agreed. My 4 was punchier, albeit a bit magenta. The 4S is washed out and warmer. And don't get me started on the awful interaction with polarized sunglasses.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Agreed but i'm slowly getting used to the new one now.

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Yeah this pops up with every new phone. Some are "whiter" some are more "yellow"......... Look back from 1st gen to 3g, 3g to 3gs, 3gs to 4 and now 4 to 4s. Can't make every one happy. Of course to say the 4 screen looks better than the 4s's is simply an objective opinion. Some may like the warmer "yellow" screen as compared to the cooler blue/white screen.

9. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

10. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

Mine seems exactly the opposite. I had a white iPhone 4(from it's release day) that had a very very yellow screen. My 4s screen seems almost too cool/blue though I don't currently have anything to directly compare it to.

11. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Samsung is making them yellow just to piss Apple off.:D

12. davelanger macrumors 6502a

why are people so picky with their phone huge? People are so anal.

13. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

My screen temp. seems pretty accurate, and it actually pops a lot more than my 4. I compared them with brightness set at the same level, and the 4 looked dark and dull in comparison. My 4S is really bright and vibrant.

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

lol, i find it so sad when old gen owners try to justify their purchase as much as they can.

OP, and people who think like him, all i have to say is... whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Because the iPhone 4S is far superior to the 4. And the iPhone 6 will be superior to the 4S, and so on.

Nothing wrong with having an outdated phone, but don't be filled with buyers remorse.

15. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I like the 4S screen better, seems easy on my eyes.

16. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dude! You are making way too many assumptions. This 4S didn't cost me anything but taxes. Just making a simple caparison. I prefer blue some prefer warmer screen tones it is personal opinion, it's a forum I am sharing mine.

17. Gavernty macrumors 6502

they probably made it that way to be easier on the eyes in low light situations. Much like f.lux does for PC's. The bright blue light is harsh on the eyes at night... it would be cool if apple implemented f.lux into the iphone because it goes a warm yellow at night and back to the normal blue glow during the day.

18. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I agree after comparing identical photos, I do like the 4 better, crisper, not so soft looking or yellowish. But for the most part would not of noticed too much of a difference if I didn't hold them side by side.

19. DroidRules, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

Crisper huh.... same exact res so technically it can't be "crisper"

What I find funny is the fact Apple puts awesome "retina" displays in their phones and only sells anti glare screen protectors in their stores that cut down the resolution. I even asked one of the "genius'" why that was and he couldn't give me a good answer.

I have with my wife and my old 4 and can't see any difference. Of course the "temperature" could be causing the difference...... it's all in the eye of the iHolder I guess.

20. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

Well have you compared them side by side, what do you think? I still think the 4 is crisper or sharper or whatever, my husband also agreed.

21. LoganT macrumors 68020

22. luked14 macrumors 6502

I was surprised how cool/blue my 4S is after hearing about others. I compared it to one other 4S that was much more warm/yellow. I also compared to my old 4, and the 4S was equally as cool/blue but even brighter at full brightness.

There will be a great variation of display temperature from iPhone to iPhone, and it honestly isn't that big of a deal. It's only really noticeable when you place it beside another one.

23. wellok macrumors 6502

I don't have a 4, but my screen doesn't seem yellow at all. My dad's 4S screen looks cool too.

24. everlong44 macrumors newbie

Haha... I can't believe people are still complaining about a screen looking bad when wearing polarized SUNGLASSES. Take the glasses off you ********** idiots. They are made to block light and glare. get some contacts you nerds.