Well, it's June 7th but look at this, 3 data plan options.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xraytech, Jun 7, 2010.

1. xraytech macrumors 68030

Hmm...

Is it because I'm an 3G early adopter?

[​IMG]

Side note, for my usage 250MB for $14.99 is just fine.

2. Dapper macrumors member

Same here, not sure if that means that I am grandfathered for a specific time period or is it my discretion which service I want when "I" want it LOL some how I doubt it.

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Same thing here...I wonder what's up?

Do you think that if you have any previous plan, including the $14.99 plan, as long as it never lapses, you can still get the Unlimited? Sort of being grandfathered into the promise by Steve Jobs of $30 Unlimited?

4. Dapper macrumors member

Possibly hinges on auto renew with no lapse of service, you may even be able switch back and forth. AT&T sure would avoid a s!$t storm if this were true and would alleviate most persons anxious attitude towards the carrier.

5. rworne macrumors 6502a

AT&T is likely waiting a couple of weeks for the iPads ordered before the deadline to be delivered.

6. euphuistical macrumors member

I have a 32gig iPad on reserve right now and I am still debating on getting it. If I do pull the trigger I can still get the unlimited plan, right?

Thanks

7. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

Depends how fast you can get it. Nobody knows for sure when AT&T will be eliminating the ipad unlimted data plan as it won't any longer be today. I'm too guessing it may be a few weeks so that all those ipad orders placed before the 2GB announcement that haven't been received as of yet can have the opportunity to be grandfathered in.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It doesnt show up for me as an option on my iPad, but then again I already have it so it may not. Can someone who doesn't have unlimited data check their 3G account to see what options you have?

9. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68030

I don't and I have the option for the unlimited plan.

10. Dapper macrumors member

I also have all options available and have had the 250MB service since purchase.

11. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I have the option for all 3 and I have never had a data package - I got my iPad last Wednesday. I'm assuming AT&T is giving a grace period for all iPad owners to sign on to the unlimited package.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Once you sign up for unlimited, your options change to 250MB, 2GB Or Cancel. In other words, once you start UDP, you can't cancel it unless you want to be left with the two limited plans. I guess ATT is giving a grace period to allow all the people who bought the ipad but have not received it the chance to sign up for UDP. It's better than nothing but it still ends the ability to stop and start, which was a major selling point for many of us. I'll be honest, I probably would have gotten the 3G even if there hadnt been the offer of UDP. Now I have to decide whether or not to keep paying $30 a month. If AT&T planned this out completely, they are real scumbags. They should have just said from the beginning that if you want unlimited, you basically have to sign a contract. There's no early termination fee, but if you fail to renew, you never get UDP again.

13. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I would have got the 3G as well even if I had known that there would be a 2GB limit (just like I plan on getting the new iPhone 4 even though as a new customer I will get a 2GB limit as well). I got the 3G so that I can take the iPad on the one or two business trips I take every year and still have internet access. I'll be darned if I pay AT&T $360 a year just for the occasional use I would get from the 3G.

14. Ralzy macrumors member

When I was talking to an ATT rep earlier today she mentioned they are extending it briefly since some people had trouble adding it yesterday night.

15. RunnerGirl macrumors member