Well.. I've had my MBP for almost 2 months now...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by csjo00, Jul 26, 2010.

1. csjo00 macrumors regular

So I figured I'd list the reasons why I'm in love and I'll never buy a PC again.
    In no certain order,
    • Simply beautiful
    • Multi-touch keypad
    • SuperDrive
    • Illuminated keyboard
    • All aluminum
    • OS X
    • Illuminated Apple logo
    • Usability
    • MagSafe Adapter
    • The looks that people give you when you see a kid pull out a MacBook
    • SERIOUS upgrade from my 7-year old Dell Dimension 4700
    • Magic Mouse
    • Expose
    • Syncing everything with my iPhone
    • Battery life
    • Portability

Only a few problems though,
    • Lack of keypad (although it would've made everything much bigger and less portable)
    • Lack of mIRC-like clients (I can't seem to get Wine to work)
    • Paint
    • The stupid games like Solitaire and Spider Solitaire that come on Windows (can't find decent free alternatives)
    • Better speakers with some bass

And a few more quick comments, I still haven't figured out what the little button the left side does... I was assuming Airport, but it's easy enough to turn off in the menu bar.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Haha, I love your reasons - but I feel the very same. :)

Illuminated Apple Logo & "The looks that people give you when you see a kid pull out a Macbook" FTW!

If you press the button on the left, the battery indictor lights illuminate to display the current battery charge. Its not necessary, but it's fun to press when you're bored. More realistically, it's so you can see the amount of battery left on the computer when it's closed/off.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There are USB and Bluetooth num pads if you really need one

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0321VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1Mg&mco=MTY4OTA5NDY
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...TMATCH&Description=usb+numeric+keypad&x=0&y=0

Colloguy is very good. Latest beta of Adium supports IRC as well

Paintbrush

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/cards_puzzle/solitairegreatesthits.html

4. csjo00 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, I was walking through my living room, where I had left my MacBook, and I was like, "WOAH! That looks awesome," because I had never seen it like that when I first got it. And as for the button on the side, that's neat. Never would've guessed. Hahahah

Awesome! Thanks! I guess I didn't search enough for the Solitaire/Paint apps.

As for Colloquy, I haven't found a theme that I've liked that's like mIRC. Thanks anyways. :)

As for the numpads, I've gotten used to using the number row on the top of the keyboard now. :p

5. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It definitely does turn heads.

I hate numpads on laptops for the reason being it makes the trackpad justified to the left, and in my opinion it looks funny.