Well... my iPhone 4 has hit eBay. Has yours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1080p, Sep 22, 2011.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I listed my auction on Ebay. Bidding ends just a couple days before the rumored Oct 4th announcement day. This should maximized the amount I get for it. If you wait until after the announcement, expect your iPhone's resale value to drop by AT LEAST $50. I can use a dumbphone for 1-2 weeks. What are your plans for vacating your current iPhone?

2. spikefood macrumors regular

My iphone is unlocked and jailbroken, so I won't be losing any money.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I would have waited a couple of weeks if I were you.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Nope

I've kept every iPhone up until now, and I plan on keeping/passing down my iPhone 4 to someone in my family.

5. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

6. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

I sold mine a few weeks back already. Got what I paid for it, so I was happy. Just been using a crappy phone since then, and cannot wait to get the next phone.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Sold months back already for $550 that's how much I paid for it brand new in the first place :D

8. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

9. Skika macrumors 68030

No

I decided to keep it for at least a year more.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You posted it too early. You will get little to NO bids till the last day or so and the most in the last few minutes or seconds. By then eBay will be flooded with used iPhones and no one will even be able to find yours!

11. Robby S macrumors member

No, it will be given to a family member so I know that it will get looked after and appreciated more than some cheapskate looking to save money on a second hand product!

12. Liquinn Suspended

Yeah true :L

13. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

If the iPhone 4S is the only handset I'll be keeping the iPhone 4 as i really dont see the point in dropping £499 on a new phone that looks and performs exactly the same as my current one!

If we get an iPhone 5 then BRING IT ON!

14. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

i agree with you tottaly !:rolleyes:

15. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Sold mine on craigslist for 475 but no ebay, paypal, or shipping fees. Rather sell a bit for less and no worries of a scam. Ebay just to buyer friendly for my taste now. Respect those that do it. Using an Inspire( not a bad phone). Will be buying new iphone regardless what it is. Life is short and like having the newest iphone.

One thing iphone buyers have is no trepidation that our phone will be obolete in a few months. Good or bad, Android phones get updated it seems every month.

16. jutte64 macrumors regular

i just sold my iphone 3G on craigslist for $200 a couple months ago, so i will just keep my ip4 untill i buy my ip5 then just sell the 4 on craigslist for probably at least $300. that will more then reimburse me for the ip5.

17. Robby S macrumors member

What if the they brand it iPhone 5 but it looks pretty much the same as iPhone 4?

18. rsvrfactory macrumors member

I'll put my iP4 on ebay after the annoum=ncement like I always do. I always get at least $300 for the old one and that will pay for the new one. I'm not looking to make any money, just break even with the new phone.

19. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

I never sell any of my iPhones... They go into my junk drawer and I use them as iPods...

20. 1080p thread starter macrumors 68020

1080p

Uh.... it's not a puppy. It's an iPhone. Besides... after they pay me money for the phone, They can smash it with a hammer for all I care. Why do you care how it gets "looked after?"

----------

Well, I have already had 6 bids and its up to $150ish. I expect the auction to end at around $500... what I paid for it. If it ends at $480ish, that will be fine too. I figure I got 2 months usage out of it.

21. EddyP macrumors 6502

Smart move selling now IMO.

If the 4s is real, I think it will hurt the resale market for phones.

22. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

You know about the eBay fees right?

You'll get less than $500

23. kdog005 macrumors member

My wife is getting my iPhone 4 when my store gets it's first iPhone 5. I've kept every model of iPhone thus far. I had my EDGE iPhone out last night for comparison purposes. Night and day to the iPhone 4

24. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I did this last year and had to use a POS Razr for two weeks. Never again. I'd rather lose a little money and not be iPhone-less. I don't need to make a huge profit, just enough to cover the new phone and a case. I have a 32GB iPhone 4, and I may not get the high end storage this time, so covering the cost should be no sweat.

25. Robby S macrumors member

Uh.... did I say it was a puppy? Just because you may need the money to put towards a new iPhone doesn't mean that I do. I'd rather see it go to a family member who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford such a phone than sell it. It's an inanimate object that has served its purpose and doesn't owe me anything.