Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Sold my 6 plus and went back to an iPhone 6, so far app crashing is a thing of the past :) jetsam events cut in half! Lag is barely noticeable compared to the plus. Only difference is the battery life huge difference to me but I will deal with it due to everything else running better...

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
Glad you're happy with your decision! I went from a 6 to a 6 Plus and I haven't had any issues with mine. Have you had multiple Pluses with the same issues or was it just one? Either way I hope you're happy with your 6! I loved mine it's just the battery life on the + was the reason I sold my 6. I do miss one handed use though.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Glad you're happy with your decision! I went from a 6 to a 6 Plus and I haven't had any issues with mine. Have you had multiple Pluses with the same issues or was it just one? Either way I hope you're happy with your 6! I loved mine it's just the battery life on the + was the reason I sold my 6. I do miss one handed use though.

I had two and it happened on both, yeah the battery life on the 6 sucks (compared to the plus)

I originally had a 6 but went for the 6 plus (had it for over 5 months) but got tired of the constant app crashes (jetsam events)

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
I like my 6+

I have had a few minor issues with apps freezing now and then but just closing the phone and re logging back in has always fixed it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some like 6 some like 6+ and some like some other models. Personal choices. No right or wrong or good or bad choice, just what works for the individual for whatever reason.

Reactions: ZombiePete

lchlch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2015
I had two and it happened on both, yeah the battery life on the 6 sucks (compared to the plus)

I originally had a 6 but went for the 6 plus (had it for over 5 months) but got tired of the constant app crashes (jetsam events)

How does jetsam events affect the user experience?

rpetunderclass

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2014
Hated my 6 Plus (GPU/RAM bugs), and trying the 6 but really hate the 720P screen and battery. Probably gonna end selling my phone and use something else till the 6s comes out.

lchlch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2015
I had maybe 4 legit app crashes the remaining were jetsam events, scrolling through and app and it randomly crashes

That doesn't really answer my question. Does jetsam events cause the crashes or makes scrolling choppy?

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Hated my 6 Plus (GPU/RAM bugs), and trying the 6 but really hate the 720P screen and battery. Probably gonna end selling my phone and use something else till the 6s comes out.

I don't blame you, I think I will stick with the 6 until the 6s's my provider offers all iPhones any size GB for 0$ down (monthly fee depending on size and model of course)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It causes the crashes in my experience...

Do they? I've had weeks of jetsam events and my use of the phone was the same without any crashes as many weeks when I've had no jetsam events. So in a sense it seems arbitrary and realistically doesn't seem to make a difference.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
I've had my 6+ for two days, and I'm still up in the air about what I should do. Using it is awesome. For pockets and quick texting, it's slightly cumbersome. I think I'll probably keep it though.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I'm going to keep mine at least until the 6S/6S Plus come out. Haven't decided whether I'll switch to the 4.7" or not.

The 6 Plus still has some performance issues on 8.3 but it's a lot better than before. I do like the larger screen and have been spoiled by the incredible battery so we'll see what happens in September.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I just picked up a 128GB 6+ from VZ last week and I think I'm going to just exchange it and grab a 64GB 6 in white this time. Realized the 128GB is definitely overkill for me. I'll eat the $35 restock fee.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
I went back to 6 after using the 6 Plus for about 2 months. To me the UI experience on 6 is smoother and loadings are a bit faster. I only miss the gorgeous battery life but my daily life using the phone outside home is effortless. With 6 Plus it was like carrying a baby... you couldn't use it without not thinking where to place it and when i was in a rush one handed use was not easy. I have no regrets and i will never go back to a bigger phone (its true that everything seems small but you have to ask yourself for what stuff you want to use your iphone... and lets be honest iOS apps looks decent enough even on 4/4S....its not like Android were apps on many phones shrink or stretch depending on screen size).... i even hope that Apple will someday give us a 4.3" iPhone. Sometimes when i hold my girlfriends 5S i remember how gorgeous the one handed experience was. I think that even 6 is still big. After using 6 Plus i came down to a conclusion that i don't want an all in one device... i want my iPhone to be a casual device to check tapatalk/tweetbot/mails/messages and make some calls.... if i want to watch movies/videos i would use an iPad or my Mac... so no HUGE iPhones for me. I want a comfortable screen factor for daily usage :)

Reactions: EdMan

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I went back to 6 after using the 6 Plus for about 2 months. To me the UI experience on 6 is smoother and loadings are a bit faster. I only miss the gorgeous battery life but my daily life using the phone outside home is effortless. With 6 Plus it was like carrying a baby... you couldn't use it without not thinking where to place it and when i was in a rush one handed use was not easy. I have no regrets and i will never go back to a bigger phone (its true that everything seems small but you have to ask yourself for what stuff you want to use your iphone... and lets be honest iOS apps looks decent enough even on 4/4S....its not like Android were apps on many phones shrink or stretch depending on screen size).... i even hope that Apple will someday give us a 4.3" iPhone. Sometimes when i hold my girlfriends 5S i remember how gorgeous the one handed experience was. I think that even 6 is still big. After using 6 Plus i came down to a conclusion that i don't want an all in one device... i want my iPhone to be a casual device to check tapatalk/tweetbot/mails/messages and make some calls.... if i want to watch movies/videos i would use an iPad or my Mac... so no HUGE iPhones for me. I want a comfortable screen factor for daily usage :)

So it's not just me with the UI experience on the 6 plus...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sold my 6 plus and went back to an iPhone 6,
I'm pretty close to that point myself. I'm contemplating selling the 6+. I love the battery life and the size when it comes to viewing. When it comes to dealing with the phone when I'm not actively using it, that's another matter.

Cool! You can once again enjoy being able to sit down without having to remove your phone from your pocket
LOL, its almost second nature now that I take my phone out of my pocket before sitting. I can't get into my car with my phone in my pocket.

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
I'm interested to see what behavioural changes I'll make when I start using my 6 Plus together with the Apple Watch.

In and around home and work, I'll no longer need to carry the 6 Plus everywhere I go - as long as I stay within Bluetooth and/or wifi range, the Watch will tell me about key happenings.

Similarly, when I'm out and about, the iPhone can spend more time in a bag or pocket - as long as I have it somewhere on or around me.

The longer battery life will, of course, become even more important and appreciated when also using the Watch.

I suspect (hope) this may leave me even happier with my 6 Plus - but we'll see.

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
I've started to have a bunch of freezing lately on my 6 plus, being unresponsive etc that only a hard reset would fix. sold it and got a 6. its still sealed. still wondering if getting another 6plus will fix it

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Sold my 6 plus and went back to an iPhone 6, so far app crashing is a thing of the past :) jetsam events cut in half! Lag is barely noticeable compared to the plus. Only difference is the battery life huge difference to me but I will deal with it due to everything else running better...

Could have just done a clean install lol.

But this time don't install 3rd party keyboards...

Enjoy your almost all day battery life lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.