What 3 features are most exciting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Saberon, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I'm talking iOS 5, what 3 features are you just dying to get your hands on?

1)Seriously, the Safari "Open in background" is the biggest thing I'm waiting for. It's painful to go "Open in new window" then jump back to the window I was on in iOS4.

2)PC Free/iCloud- Download all my apps/music anytime I want? Have new purchases synced to other iOS devices automatically? Backup and restore from iCloud? Save my game/app data in the cloud? YES PLEASE!!

3) Wifi Syncing: They should have made a bigger deal about this, perhaps it wasn't ready to demo at WWDC. I"ll never need to plug my iPhone into my PC again, I can't wait.

Yes I know that Notification Center wasn't on my list, it's nice..but I'm way more excited about these 3. Also iMessage is probably #4 if I had to choose, most of my friends have an iPhone, goodbye large texting plan!

2. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I'm a beta tester, so I am not dying to get my hands on these, I already do :D
    1. Wi-Fi Sync.
    2. That new JavaScript engine. Webapps are extremely fast, especially Google.
    3. Notification center, with its potential as a widget platform for 3rd party developers. ALTHOUGH This is one of the more annoying features, because when you're playing a game like Fruit Ninja, you'll find that the Center is pulled down much more often than expected.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

None of those to be honest. If I had to pick, I'd go with number 1.

4. ESPN macrumors regular

Notification system will definetly be the most interesting.

As for wifi syncing, would't that suck for jailbreakers to always re jailbreak their phone or is it possible to disable wifi syncing?

5. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Yes, disable Wi-Fi Sync from iTunes.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

1) notifications over haul
    2) reminders - especially the location based reminders.
    3) Newsstand

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

For me it is

1. iMessage. All my friends have iPhones, so this will significantly cut down on my texting. As an iPad owner as well, not having to pick up my phone only to respond to messages while using my iPad is huge.

2. Notifications. I can't tell you how many notifications I have missed because new ones push out the old ones. Hopefully it works smoothly.

3. Tabbed browsing (for ipad). I have a 3rd party browser that I use now, only because of tabbed browsing. It's great that Apple is finally including it in Safari.

8. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

1. Notification Center

2. iMessage

3. Reminder App

4. Wi-Fi Sync

Sorry, I just had to add 4 because these are my favorite :D

9. flipster macrumors 6502a

1. Option to delete/create photo albums on the phone

2. Open windows in background on Safari

3. Notification Center

One thing I don't like is the Twitter integration. Seriously, facebook has 750,000,000 active monthly users and Twitter is chosen to integrate!? A useless option IMO.

10. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I agree with you on that. But I also see why Apple did it. Facebook and Apple aren't exactly great buddies (iTunes Ping). Also, the Facebook app is just so horrible, there's no point for Apple to integrate it anyways.

Twitter, on the other hand, is quick and easy. And it's still very popular. But being an avid Facebook user, I do wish Apple integrated that instead of Twitter for iOS 5.

11. flipster macrumors 6502a

Very good point, never thought about that. It's sad that a multi-billion dollar company can't even create a decent app, or maybe it's just greedy.

12. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I'm currently running iOS 5. It's fantastic!

For me, the notifications and corresponding notification center take the cake by far. Besides that, quick access to the camera from the lock screen and snapping with the volume key is wonderful.

13. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I've been running iOS 5 since beta release.

iCloud: Restoring from iCloud after updating from beta to beta2 was a dream; enter your apple ID, tap 'Yes', and your iPhone is exactly as it was before the update (all done over Wifi).

Safari Reader: iBooks interface for any web page article, fantastic! No Ads, no funky formatting or font, quick and easy.

Notification Center: Rid your icons of those ugly badges!

14. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

1. Notification Center

2. Wi-Fi Sync

3. iMessage

Minor: Maps multiple routes.

15. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

1. Notification Center
    2. Wifi Sync
    3. New Camera Enhancements - Lock Screen Shortcut/Image Editing/Album Editing

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

1. Wifi Sync/Ability to use device while syncing - I can finally not dread having to sync and use the phone while doing so. So. freaking. amazing.

2. New Notifications/Notification Center - Having quick access to notifications from the lockscreen /notification center is a much needed improvement

3. iMessage - I can/will drop my texting plan!