What a wonderful world we live in

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/10/24/1161455722271.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

The DVD, which was shot in June, includes footage of the men urinating on the girl, setting her hair alight three times and throwing her top and jacket into the river.

Boys point to the girl, calling her "the victim" before laughing mockingly. One boy walks to the lens and declares: "What the f---, she's the ugliest thing I have ever seen."

The girl, who has a mild developmental delay, was also filmed in sex acts with the boys.

One of the extraordinary aspects of the case is that the alarm was not raised earlier. Parents of some of those involved have known about it for some time, and segments of the DVD were posted on the popular YouTube website more than three months ago, with one segment, titled Pimp My Wife, viewed by almost 2500 people.

It only came to wider notice when excerpts were screened on Monday on the Seven Network's Today Tonight.

Yesterday the girl's father cried as he declared the DVD's makers would face justice. The man, who identified himself as Allan, told ABC radio: "We are going to pursue this to the end to ensure justice comes … It's a horrible, horrible thing that's happened to my daughter."
News Video (safe viewing......it was shown on the news)

This news made me physically sick. I actually wanted to throw up after reading it. Nobody should have to suffer acts like this. Weird how messed up our society is because of what guys are willing to do to have fun. :rolleyes: I'm not that old, but I still think that even kids born 5 years after me grow up so much faster, and yet are less mature somehow. It makes no sense, but for people who watch what's going on, it appears true.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
The Education Department guy says it won't be tolerated and the kids get expelled. Where's the deterrent in that? Bullying of any kind is abhorrent, but this kind of thing makes me want some heavy-handed justice. And selling the DVD at other schools hardly demonstrates regret.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
The Education Department guy says it won't be tolerated and the kids get expelled. Where's the deterrent in that? Bullying of any kind is abhorrent, but this kind of thing makes me want some heavy-handed justice. And selling the DVD at other schools hardly demonstrates regret.
they'll get court sentances as well. what those boys did is disgusting. They are idiots if they thought they could get away with it; they put their faces on the camera, for christs sake!

They need to be put away for a long time.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
I saw the title of this thread and really hoped it was going to be something positive; sadly not :(

I do believe there's far more good than evil in the world, but I do worry about the younger generation and how they get their kicks.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That is very wrong.

Reminded me of a gang, about 100 miles south of me. They kidnapped a teenage girl, nobody knows what happened when she was captive as they doused petrol and other stuff on her and set her on fire in a field. It really hit me, I kept wondering "what if that was my girlfriend or my sister?". God I hate scum. I hope he does too.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
That is very wrong.

Reminded me of a gang, about 100 miles south of me. They kidnapped a teenage girl, nobody knows what happened when she was captive as they doused petrol and other stuff on her and set her on fire in a field. It really hit me, I kept wondering "what if that was my girlfriend or my sister?". God I hate scum. I hope he does too.
Sounds like something out of a KKK movie. S**t! :( How can people do that?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Rotting in jail is too nice of a punishment for them, daily beatings are more appropriate. ;) :mad:
I'm sure that they'll be on the receiving end of a good kicking or two as well, poor little lambs.

What strikes me isn't just the downright nastiness of what they did, but the fact that they were stupid enough to film evidence of their crime and then dole it out to people. :rolleyes:

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I'm sure that they'll be on the receiving end of a good kicking or two as well, poor little lambs.
One can only hope for that to be the case. They most certainly deserve it. :mad:

What strikes me isn't just the downright nastiness of what they did, but the fact that they were stupid enough to film evidence of their crime and then dole it out to people. :rolleyes:
Good point, they are certainly not the smartest criminals. :rolleyes:

Karma sort of demands it doesn't it.
Most certainly. :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Maybe if they go to adult prison. They might, since they're not like 12 years old or something. They're old enough to shoot a movie, edit it, put it on DVD with a professional looking CD Label and DVD box.

And I wonder what criminals in jail might do to people like this. Yes, they are in jail themselves, but if they found what these kids did to be absolutely sick, but I wonder if they'd beat these kids a little......maybe harrass them? I hope so....

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Maybe if they go to adult prison. They might, since they're not like 12 years old or something. They're old enough to shoot a movie, edit it, put it on DVD with a professional looking CD Label and DVD box.

And I wonder what criminals in jail might do to people like this. Yes, they are in jail themselves, but if they found what these kids did to be absolutely sick, but I wonder if they'd beat these kids a little......maybe harrass them? I hope so....
I agree. I normally think that these reports of people getting beaten up whilst in jail is appalling, but actually I think these kids should be put through as much pain as possible. What twisted little f***ers :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that it's shocking how childish someone who's at least 3 years older than me can be...

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I hope whatever they did to that poor girl (hoping not much more other than what was described in the quote), the samething happens to them in jail; let the punishment fit the crime. They are poor excuses for human beings to say the very least. :mad: :mad: :(

Please keep us posted on any further news developments.

I saw the title of this thread and really hoped it was going to be something positive; sadly not :(
I was hoping the for the same.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Did you notice the report said one (or more?) of the bullies' parents laughed the matter off. WTF? They should serve time, too.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
what the hell is wrong with those kids, correction monsters? Not only is this just morally wrong in every way, they are selling away footage that is incriminating to themselves. what dumbasses. but their stupidity will greatly help the court make the daily beating punishment for the rest of their lives.

excuse my language but wow.

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
They wont get kickings in prison.My guess is they will be put straight into segregation.

Some of the lil bastards will no doubt get home detention as well.

They also threw a flare on a homeless guy as well I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.