what about deleted scenes and alternate endings??

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mrbreaksmyth, Feb 14, 2008.

1. mrbreaksmyth macrumors newbie

we need access to everything that you can get at blockbuster.
    i'm a big fan of previews.
    i wish i could see two hours of trailers only, just to know what is on the horizon.
    it's easy to get through the day when you know there's a good movie coming next christmas.

2. dsl4c macrumors member

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Both HD and SD Trailers are available from the main menu.

If I like the movie enough to bother with the extras, I'll buy the Blu-ray or DVD. Too often I've bought a disk 'cause I was curious and it sits on the shelf after watching once. (Haven't done Blockbuster in years - always late. Netflix is nice, but I can't decide 2 days beforehand - and I'd forget to mail back to get another).

4. bbydon macrumors 6502a

There is the trailer section of apple tv. So really you could watch nothing but trailers.

I agree that i wish the downloads (buy and rent) included extra stuff. But all in good time i guess.

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

deleted scenes are usually deleted for a reason lol, the only special feature i have ever deemed worthy of watching were those of the special edition lord of the rings boxset, and commentary ! dont get me started on that lol

6. williedigital macrumors 6502

I once read

that less than 5% of people who watch a dvd would even consider watching any of the special features or listening to alternative audio tracks. I agree that they should be added, and .mp4 has the ability to add them somewhat elegantly, but it's not a major hurdle. Subtitles on the other hand, seem so trivial to add that it's a shame the current rentals so often lack them. Thumb in the eye to people with less than perfect hearing.

7. kbunch macrumors member

kbunch

I am SOOO glad the previews, special features and menus are GONE. I hit rent... bam watching movie. I don't have to navigate the menu or even watch the forced FBI warning. I think i will do an experiment today to see how long it actually takes for me to load up a dvd and actually start watching the movie vs ATV. I bet ATV will be faster.

I have a friend who loves to host movie nights and after the movie is over insists on watching all the special features with us all there. It drives me batty!

You can watch trailors, at least for movies coming to the theaters.