what apple gear do you take with you on holiday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macmastersam, Aug 9, 2012.

1. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

i take nothing, as it is too precious to lose or even break on it! :apple:

what about you?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Holiday/Travel; my iPhone/iPad and maybe one of my iPods. MBP stays at home where it's safe :)

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

5. samiwas macrumors 65816

If i'm going for work, or for more than one day, my MBP always goes with me. Usually have my iPad with me as well, but it will go on short, overnight trips even when the laptop doesn't. iPhone is always with me, because it's my phone.

It's a laptop, not a precious gemstone. When I go on lunch break at work (and I'm usually working in museums or convention centers), it typically just sits out on the table while I'm gone. I'm sure one day, I might fall victim, but to date, I've done it this way for 15 years, and no problems. And, I touch it with dirty hands, too! I've never quite understood the treating of a laptop like a historical artifact.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Laptop and my iPod Touch.

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I was totally going to answer, but then I realized I haven't been on vacation in an awfully long time.....

:(

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Usually take a corer, peeler and slicer. Although the TSA doesn't like the slicer too much, they say it's a weapon.

10. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

iPhone + iPad

Used to take my MBP, but see no need now.

11. brandyboot macrumors member

brandyboot

12. ThemacNub macrumors regular

None, I swap my phone for an old Nokia. If im spending time playing on my electronic devices other than on the flight, I feel that Im wasting my holiday

13. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

14. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

My Apple stuff doesn't break :). I take my iBook Clamshell and my original iPod.

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Depends where I'm going.
    Generally it's my iPhone, iPad and/or the MBP.

16. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

iPod Touch and MacBook Pro, though I will be taking my MacBook Air instead of my Pro in the future. It depends how long I'm away for.

17. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm on holiday at the moment! With my dad, brother and step-mum.
    We all have a laptop each, iPhone/iPod touch each and two iPads we share. We took one computer and all the iDevices with us, as we can't let the free Wifi go to waste :p
    Hardly use them though, the iPads are mainly is just used for looking things up/doing the crossword over breakfast! Laptop is used for converting films to DivX (we've got an old DVD player here...) and that's about it. Phones obviously for email/keeping in touch with everyone.

But seriously, if you're by a pool, you don't really need any tech. Unless it's a 15m extension cable and a CD player, to put the good dodgy European electrics to the test :D There's a nice unguarded socket about 5m away from the pool...

18. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

Wherever I go, my MBP and my iPhone come along; if it's international, data roaming is switched off... When in Spain, which I always go to for an extended period of time, I have a phone there that I use daily. iPhone is kept on, though, incase I get messages.

19. Xavier macrumors 68020

I usually just take the iPhone to keep up with small things. I spend a lot of time on a computer during the work week, so on holiday, it is nice to get away.

With that being said, I haven't been on holiday in a long while.

20. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I just got back from vacation a week ago, and I took three pieces of :apple: gear:

My blue nano holds mostly music. Since we usually drive to most of our holiday/vacation spots, the blue nano keeps me entertained the whole way.

On longer vacations like this one, I bring my silver nano as well. It's mostly loaded with a couple of movies and lots of sitcom episodes that my wife and I like. If there's nothing on the hotel TV, I whip out my Composite TV adapter and we can watch something funny on the big screen. Otherwise, it doesn't get used much.

MacBook Pro, as a portable Internet station and video library. It's come in handy a couple of times when my daughter's iPod touch has run out of juice and/or she wants to see a movie she hadn't synced. I'm thinking about using an iPad instead, for increased portability, though the decreased storage capacity and incompatibility with Flash would be a considerable negative (you wouldn't believe how many restaurant websites still use Flash).

My wife and daughter took their iPod touches, as they usually do.