Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
What are the least desired models?

Gold iphone 6+ 16Gb. Why? I assume most guys are not into gold color. And most girls won't buy the 6+ because of the size.

Actually I see a lot of girls with phablets and guys with gold iPhones.

bigmac58

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2011
Looks like I have the most undesirable iPhone ever. It's a 16Gb gold 6. I'm still really loving it despite all its apparent shortcomings and awkward appearance. I make a habit of backing up my pictures to an external hard drive on a regular basis for safe keeping. Saying that, I decided to invest those one hundred dollars into 2Tb of new storage instead of 48Gb tied to my phone. I apologize to everyone who doesn't approve of my decision on storage and fashion.

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
The 16GB is the least desired amongst techie enthusiasts and people who visit this board. Everyone in my office who got the new iphone (except me) got a 16gb phone. Regular users scratch their head at why anyone would need more than 16GB.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
A stupendously stupid and greedy idea from Apple. How can they possibly justify not discontinuing 16MB models in their premium iPhone yet not offering a 32GB option?

Who in their right mind would get a 16GB iPhone 6 Plus? How much space would even be useable? 10-11GB?

----------

Why is 16GB sufficient? My PC in 1995 had a 2GB hard drive. Was that going to be enough forever? Good luck with a 16GB iPhone in 5 years time.

The time will come when iOS alone is more than 16GB.

Do you actually think I'm going to keep my iPhone 6 for 5 years? You gotta be kidding me. I'll change the phone after a year or two. In that scenario 16gb model ain't a big deal. I'll manage with it quite easily.

I've barely filled half of my current 16 gb phones internal storage so it's hard to believe things are drastically different this time.

Also, as you probably noticed from my signature, my 16gb iPad Air still has 6,3gb free space left and I have pretty much everything I'd ever want on it.

Only thing where I need more storage is my laptop. I opted for 256gb SSD with my rMBP and I really hope I'd have chosen the 512gb one.

Well... I think we just use our devices differently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.