What are the odds? (Apple)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipadfreak, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Hey,

SO my iPhone just shipped, (From Apple), and it says online it will be delivered on friday. I called them up, and UPS said it WILL be Thursday before 10:30 AM. What are the odds I will get it then and apple won't interfere?:apple:

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I would trust UPS on that. They're almost always right from my experience.

3. steve dave macrumors 6502a

It is a crapshoot. Preordersnhave historically been known to be delivered early. But Apple has also intervened to ensure nothing gets delivered early. We will find out in a day or two.

4. Codepiink macrumors regular

Supposedly there is a 4S out for delivery to someone in TX. So I wouldn't be surprised if you got it Thursday, as it did happen more than once with the 3G and 4 launches.

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Apple has very little control over what UPS, FedEx do. These companies deliver a lot of stuff on any given day. Then they are expected to deliver half a million more packages on one day. This is why some people get their phone early. In a business sense it costs too much money to fill your warehouse with iPhones that could just be going out on the trucks today instead of tomorrow.

6. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Definitely trust UPS. Not sure how Apple would delay delivery without asking for it to be returned.

7. ipadfreak thread starter macrumors regular

Idk... I called again and UPS insisted Thursday, even though the website says Friday.