What are you getting Him for FATHERS DAY?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Jun 12, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

With Fathers day right around the corner the time has come for many of us to be at a loss for what to get dad.

Any ideas?

Surely it can be catered to his personal interests but I do not doubt that this thread will help garner some ideas towards what to get good ol' dad.

I'd love to get him an iPad but money is kinda tight right now. I got him a cell phone last year which he absolutely loves; just a simple touchscreen phone on Verizon but nothing with Android or something many of us here on the forums would drool over.

For X-Mas I got him a GPS touchscreen thing that he surprisingly uses quite a bit.

But...I dont know.

I saw some funny shirts online but figure with shipping/handling they wouldn't get here on time; shirts from like snorg.com (those kinda shirts i'm sure he'd get a kick out of)

But please, share what you plan on getting him..(not mine, yours :p)

2. unid macrumors regular

+1

or anything handmade.

3. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I haven't talked to my father in more years then I can remember. He was never a father to me so I don't do anything for him.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Either some fancy beers or an NYPD Blue or QI boxset.

6. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

My parents will be in italy so dunno, prolly a sms or FB message!

7. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

She will be buying me a new iphone 4:D:D:D........of course I am returning the favor by getting her the same as a late mothers day gift.

8. mariahrg macrumors member

mariahrg

American pickers season 1 on DVD. He's a huge antique nut.

9. sauced macrumors regular

Probably something golf related, not sure what yet...

10. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Maybe a gourtmet premium club membership for a few months, which would include premium cigars one month, international beers the next, rare wines, etc. I'm also looking into just buying expensive cigars. Anybody know PayPal's policy on cigars? I heard they could freeze (ban for a weeks) your account if you buy cigars as it's one of the things they won't let you buy supposedly, but a few cigar shops accept PayPal.

A surround sound set is another option. For anybody looking or a good gift, my dad gets a lot of use out of the XM Radio (the only model with a color screen) that I got him since he travels a lot. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Cigars would be a good choice, but I need my PayPal account this month, and I'm not sure if they really do have policies against buying cigars.

11. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Same here, I hate my father with every fibre of my being for what he did, I am certainly not going to be giving him a gift.

12. bern1812 macrumors member

I usually go in for something with my mom, as Im the only kid who still lives at home in the summer. Im not sure what the gift will be this year.

I think the best gift I ever gave him was one of those 3 wheel golf push carts. He uses it every time he plays. Lets him still walk the course and get the exercise, but doesnt strain his back or knees.

13. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

I tend to buy my dad a t-shirt, or something Seinfeld related. We are going to the beach for a week on sunday so I'll probably wait til we get there to buy him something.

14. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

My brother, sister, and I have pre-ordered our dad a Black 32GB iPhone 4; my oldest brother (half brother) didn't wanna pay but its alll good =].

15. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I bought my father an Xbox 360. I figure there's enough multimedia features to hold him over until Kintec (Project Natal's new name) comes out, which everyone will definitely enjoy. I also got him The Godfather II game, which is pretty decent, he should like it since he's a big fan of the movie trilogy.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Why can't I have kids and why aren't they as good as you guys?

17. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I bought my dad a set of Logitech speakers for his computer – he just got a Mac Pro.