What are you going to do if new MacBook Pros are not released this October?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ArcticBlue00, Oct 17, 2016.

1. ArcticBlue00 macrumors member

ArcticBlue00

I hope the rumors are true, but am not sure what to do if nothing happens this October.

I have already waited for so long and I don't think I can wait any longer.

What are you going to do if November comes without any announcement from Apple?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Continue to wait, like I always have. I'm not a whiner and won't settle for any thing less than a Mac. Better late than never.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I am 99.9999999999% sure they are coming.

But if they do not, and you really need a new machine, buy one of the MacBook Pros that are currently available. They are all still very capable machines that have comparable performance to the Skylake processors everyone is apparently waiting for.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Agreed with waiting. The current rMBPs are still the best portables on the market; no question. I can understand why they didn't update them as the newer chips people are begging for don't really offer any real performance benefits.

The only gripe I have is the pricing. If you can't justify an update, that's fine. But don't keep them priced the same.

5. leman macrumors 604

I will spend all my time reading the rants on the forums :) I really should find a new hobby!

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Don't forget to take a shot every time somebody says "I bought a DELL XPS instead".

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Nothing my MacBook Pro is still an excellent machine.

8. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I am going for the iMac, but no laptop updates in October, might mean no iMac in November. Which makes me cry.

I sorta wanna wait until there's a new macbook pro, possibly a retina external display, and an iMac introduced.
    That way I know which direction to go and make an educated choice that's based on facts.

9. leman macrumors 604

That is literally my job, isn't it? :D

10. 2ilent8cho macrumors 6502

I think this week will be crunch time, as i would expect the invites for an October event to be sent out by end of the week if its happening.

11. Ardmanz macrumors regular

I don't NEED a new rmbp but I would like a new one.

I'm more worried about the probable price hike (I live in the UK). I've been looking at the Dell XPS but I wouldn't get either before their respective refreshes.

12. m00s3y macrumors newbie

m00s3y

Buy the 2015 model. My computer is knackered and I can't wait any longer than the end of this month.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll be doing nothing, since I already moved on, and purchased a Surface Book

14. pauliet macrumors member

15. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

What will I do? Nothing - my late 2013 rMBP serves me just fine

16. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

A moderator of the MacRumors website with a Surface Book... hmm....

j/k I have a desktop PC that I play games on too

17. amirite macrumors 6502a

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's moderators/admins that use android, I think while we are all apple fans, we pick the tools that best serve our needs.

19. AAPLGeek macrumors regular

20. jerryk macrumors 68020

Same as we did when they did not release on the rumored release dates of October 2015, March 2016, and June 2016.

Carry on and keep on using our Macs.

21. htc fan macrumors 6502

If nothing happens, probably going buy 15" 256gb model. I can't go back to windows now, it's too late haha

22. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'll continue using my 2015 13" rMBP regardless.

23. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

Wait. Husband just got his own XPS13 with Ubuntu so he promised to let me touch it :) I've got a new apple tv and NAS to keep me entertained for a few months. I refuse to look at the ads for the new HP machines or the Dells or the .... no, really, I'm not looking lol.... but you know, I actually *could* switch. ITunes runs on Windows, all I need it is to back up my iPads/iPhone. Scrivener runs on Windows. Most of the other apps I might use also run on Windows. No, I'm really not looking, lol... but it will be a long Winter...

24. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

My 2010 MBP isnt hurting so Ill just keep living in the past until they refresh the MBPr line. Its coming, just cant say when. Really want Video over AirPlay on my Mac, been missing this feature for a while.

25. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

Nothing.

I bought my 2015 15" rMBP few months ago, it serves me well and will continue to do for at least couple of years.