What are you going to do if new MacBook Pros are not released this October?

ArcticBlue00

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2016
97
56
Planet Earth
I hope the rumors are true, but am not sure what to do if nothing happens this October.

I have already waited for so long and I don't think I can wait any longer.

What are you going to do if November comes without any announcement from Apple?
 

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
3,166
3,627
I am 99.9999999999% sure they are coming.

But if they do not, and you really need a new machine, buy one of the MacBook Pros that are currently available. They are all still very capable machines that have comparable performance to the Skylake processors everyone is apparently waiting for.
 

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
9,471
24,220
Agreed with waiting. The current rMBPs are still the best portables on the market; no question. I can understand why they didn't update them as the newer chips people are begging for don't really offer any real performance benefits.

The only gripe I have is the pricing. If you can't justify an update, that's fine. But don't keep them priced the same.
 

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
2,381
1,451
Netherlands
I am going for the iMac, but no laptop updates in October, might mean no iMac in November. Which makes me cry.

I sorta wanna wait until there's a new macbook pro, possibly a retina external display, and an iMac introduced.
That way I know which direction to go and make an educated choice that's based on facts.
 

2ilent8cho

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2016
341
967
I think this week will be crunch time, as i would expect the invites for an October event to be sent out by end of the week if its happening.
 

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2013
212
20
I don't NEED a new rmbp but I would like a new one.

I'm more worried about the probable price hike (I live in the UK). I've been looking at the Dell XPS but I wouldn't get either before their respective refreshes.
 

m00s3y

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
19
30
Buy the 2015 model. My computer is knackered and I can't wait any longer than the end of this month.
 

jerryk

macrumors 601
Nov 3, 2011
4,853
2,400
SF Bay Area
Same as we did when they did not release on the rumored release dates of October 2015, March 2016, and June 2016.

Carry on and keep on using our Macs.
 

htc fan

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
424
135
Ottawa
If nothing happens, probably going buy 15" 256gb model. I can't go back to windows now, it's too late haha
 

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
504
335
Wait. Husband just got his own XPS13 with Ubuntu so he promised to let me touch it :) I've got a new apple tv and NAS to keep me entertained for a few months. I refuse to look at the ads for the new HP machines or the Dells or the .... no, really, I'm not looking lol.... but you know, I actually *could* switch. ITunes runs on Windows, all I need it is to back up my iPads/iPhone. Scrivener runs on Windows. Most of the other apps I might use also run on Windows. No, I'm really not looking, lol... but it will be a long Winter...
 

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
550
291
California
My 2010 MBP isnt hurting so Ill just keep living in the past until they refresh the MBPr line. Its coming, just cant say when. Really want Video over AirPlay on my Mac, been missing this feature for a while.
 

0983275

Suspended
Mar 15, 2013
472
56
Nothing.

I bought my 2015 15" rMBP few months ago, it serves me well and will continue to do for at least couple of years.