What are you going to do with your iPhone when the 3G one comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danish1542, Apr 10, 2008.

1. danish1542 macrumors member

Keep it? Sell it? Trade it? Smash it? Blend it?

2. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

what did you do with your last cell phone????

3. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I just got mine today and plan on keeping it when they new one comes out.

4. touchyphone macrumors regular

Keep it, if the new iPhone is what they say it is, 3G isn't enough for me to switch. Plus all around me I get EDGE speeds in the range of 195kbps-209kbps, so that is fine with me. Plus I like the look of the iPhone, if the look changes with Ver 2, then I dont know I like the look. But I am sooo happy with the phone, I cant see getting rid of it unless the make a 32gb one, and that is long off...long live my 8gb I got in October 07!

5. SRSound macrumors 6502

If the 3G phone lives up to the hype, I will most likely give mine to my girlfriend and purchase the new one (hopefully 32GB)

6. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Your last phone probably cost little or nothing after subsidy. It's not exactly the same thing.

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't own an iPhone, but I'm just going to keep mine. My friends who have iPhones and want 3G told me they are going to sell theirs. But wouldn't it be wise to sell your iPhone before WWDC? In case of an announcement so then you would have better resale value?

8. gazmat macrumors newbie

gazmat

Keep it. It's the only piece of technology I've loved since the G4 iMac.

A 3G version would have to offer some compelling updates (32+Gb, GPS, even bigger, clearer screen) for me to be too excited. Otherwise, I'll wait it out for a long time. Only because I'm extremely happy with the amazing faciities the current version provides me with. Bring on firmware 2.0.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

It will become my new iPhone's iPhone.

But seriously, it's not like once the new one comes out, all the existing iPhones become obsolete. I'm very happy with the functionality of this iPhone. I'm still impressed with it, even after ~2 months.

I'll probably get the new one eventually, but in order for me to rush out to get it within the first month of it being released, there better be a really compelling reason. I don't know if 3G will be enough of a reason for me.

But.... I guess all we can do is wait and see....... and BS each other on this site :D

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Since I paid $250 for it all of 3 or so weeks ago, I would keep it. I have a GPS in my car, so I don't need that as much as other people. It's worked pretty well so far, so it just wouldn't be the $x00 for getting the storage model I would really need. When Apple makes one at 128GB for $500, I'll start thinking about it.

Of course if I could get $350 out of it from some sucker I might think about upgrading. :)

11. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm giving my mommy mine. She's having a hard time with her motorola, so I figured she'd like the more simple iPhone in her possession.

12. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

keep mine. im holding out for the 64GB iPhone so I can store my entire music collection on it. The 8GB of music is worthless to me. especially after loading it up with pictures and a couple video podcasts. i have only a couple gig of space left for music. thats like a glorified iPod shuffle!

as for the internet speed i could care less. the screen is small enough that the speed of the internet is fine. especially with the readily availible wi-fi hot spots. the only reason for 3G would be so I could use the iPhone as a modem for my laptop.

13. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Hubby will want the 3G, our house currently doesn't have 3G service so I can hold out until there is 3G service closer. I work from home and hubby goes into town so in our case, it's an easy decision. I'll take his 16GB and we'll sell our 8GB iPhone.

14. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Sell it. I will set aside the 400 right now, so anything i get for the current phone is gravy.

15. Aj2488 macrumors regular

Even though I live and go to school (not now but in the fall after I transfer) in a 3G network, I mostly use the internet and mail app on wWiFi anyway. Plus EDGE isn't all that bad and I just purchased it a week ago tomorrow. Couldn't be happier with it!! :D Plus theres another thread on here somewhere saying the new iPhone supposedly will be a little slimmer with a tweak of the accelerometer and something about making it look less plastic-y... I dont think it looks or feels plastic at all, and wouldn't want it any other size. Plus the accelerometer seems to work fine to me. :cool:

16. guruji macrumors member

that has been leaked to news media, so that people go and buy what is available now and help these companies clear the version-1 stock.
    there will be:
    OLED
    BT stereo headset
    stereo speakers
    3G
    5MP camera.
    longer battery life.
    streaming news sports etc.

i also have one 8gE and decided to keep coz. only thing i miss from above is BT stereo headset. otherwise satisfied.

17. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

this will be what I do... but after they work out the bugs with 3g

18. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

you assume too much. paid full price for it.

19. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I don't even think 3G is in my area yet, and even if it was I wouldn't care. EDGE works great for me, so I have no interest in changing.

:)

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Selling mine a day before WWDC.

Or i might keep it.

21. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I'll be keeping mine. I can't afford to spend $400-600 every year on a phone. :) This one will last me quite a bit longer, I suspect.

22. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

sell it.

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Bronze it, then hang it on my rearview mirror! LOL :p