Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Alright, i've decided to make a new thread that can be appreciated, perhaps. A thread where people can simply come in here and share whatever they feel like sharing. Events that were, events that are, events that they hope will be etc. Anything that makes you happy. Anything that you're grateful for. There is nothing more healthy than expressing your feelings of gratitude, and it also puts you in an emotional state of freedom, allowing your mind to be more clear, and also it makes you feel wonderful, when you realise how much good stuff is in your life.

I'll start off.

I'm grateful that I have 2 wonderful parents, and 2 brothers whom I have many happy memories with.

I'm grateful that I live on a beautiful island, and that I have many friends.

I'm grateful that I have a nice computer (or 2), and that my dad is one of the coolest craziest guys i've ever met.

I'm grateful that I'm fed, clothed and housed for free, (at least for now), and i'm grateful that I'm in good shape and that i'm healthy and I eat well.

I'm grateful to my mom for giving birth to me, and i'm grateful to every human being for being here in this world to do the only thing humans can do, serve others.

Thank you

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I'm grateful for my wife. Most everything else I'm grateful for revolves or stems from her.

I'm also grateful I don't have to associate myself with people like you in real life.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
For those that followed my trails and tribulations of the past year - I did survive! :)

Many that know me, had been "surprised" that I did not have a "break down" with all the stress I had in my life at the time.

So in the past year, I am grateful for:

- MR members that look upon a "relationship" without gender bias

- MR members that look at the "pain" being faced by a member, without judgment

- Those that took my dog, Chewey, as a personal crusade

- For each day that I can look forward to, as a new adventure

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Grateful for my mother. I can't do her justice w/out writing pages and pages, so I'll leave it at that.

Grateful for my best friend who is also my boyfriend. Similar shindig as w/ my mommy, so I'll refrain from elaborating.

Grateful that I don't have to worry about the "essentials" in life, and that I do live in quite a luxurious manner (read, I'm spoiled and incredibly blessed).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Grateful for my girlfriend. everything is perfect with her, I still can't believe we're together sometimes.

Grateful to live in the English countryside. I don't want to get political, but it's just so pleasant up here. I live 10 miles from the heart of Manchester so there are buses and trains galore, yet I can walk a few metres up the road and be stood in a farm, or a cricket pitch or quarry. less than 1 mile away is the MOORS. Perfect position really.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
I'm grateful for my Son, Dan. He is a little legend, words cannot describe how much I love that little man.

dan1mp.jpg

My Godkids, Jeela & Bijan
My dog, Captain Morgan -
High Cholesterol Foods
Free Gifts w/ Large Purchases
Oscar's Omlettes (Love Sunday Brunch @ The Royal)
The Beach.
The City.
My Eurorail Pass (allowed me to see a lot more of Europe than by foot)
My Passport (All those stamps bring back wonderful memories, and are the best evidence that I'm not full of crap).
Sun-showers and thunder storms. - Love playing in the rain.
That Karen is a huge fan of Ice Hockey - That's just such a turn on for me :D
DVD Commentary Tracks - I always wondered what the ppl who made the movies thought about when filming...now I know they were drunk and high most of the time
Wegman's!
Sushi
The Chuck-It Stick, best $11 I've ever spent. I could not be more serious.

Speaking of which, it's time to take the dog to the park...but I'm grateful for lots more than what's listed above.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
My boys, my health, friends and career. If I could go back in time and start over again? No way. I think the key to happiness is appreciating where you are right now.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
BakedBeans said:
I'm grateful for my Son, Dan. He is a little legend, words cannot describe how much I love that little man.

dan1mp.jpg
For a moment I thought that he was using a soldering iron.. :p

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
People. I have, from time to time, taken time to write thank you notes to people who have contributed to enriching my life. No motive, other than to express genuine gratitud. It has been a helpful practice. This thread reminds me I'm overdue in that department.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
I'm grateful for my friends and family who are always there for me when I need them. I'm grateful for my religion and mental as well as physical health.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Perhaps it's lazy of me, but I have to say that I'm grateful for everything. When I see the poverty, bad luck, famine, etc. in the world, I realize I have nothing to complain about - so conversely, I am grateful of everything.

My health would rank up there near the top, because without your health, you have nothing - nothing else matters. I'd also rank my family and friends high up there as well. Also, I am grateful for being a world traveler - it has opened my mind to this great world we live in, and to experience the things I've experienced, the cultures, people, sites, well, yes, I am very grateful. Also for my music - it has done great things for my in my life and has had a hand in making me who I am today.

But as I said, I'm grateful for everything. It's even little things like walking up the stairs to my office every morning, or parking far away in a parking lot and walking to the store - I've got two good legs, so I'm going to use them - I'm not going to be lazy. One day I will not be able to walk like that, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. One day I won't be able to play sports, or travel the world and so forth, so I am grateful for every day which I can do these things. If you ask me, people take far too much for granted in this world. :(

I could go on, but hopefully I've got my point across. ;) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.