What are you saving for?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Mar 8, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

could always look in detroit with the mean price being $7,500 these days lol

4. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

saving for a pentax k20d or maybe a k200d and the 50 1.4 to replace the d40x I had to sell

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Gorgeous bike... I've been meaning for years to get my license, but never had enough time or money to take a proper course, which I would certainly do. One day, though.

New car for me this summer. :)

Really hoping I'll have enough left over to buy a new computer, too. I was going to go for a 24" iMac, but the new ones are a letdown for me given the price in Canada (over $2000 to get anything with dedicated graphics! :(). I want to be able to run Motion, so an actual graphics card is highly preferred. Hoping there are some previous-gens in the refurb store when I go to buy - I've seen them around $1400, which is a good price. Otherwise I'll be building a Windows rig and going with Adobe Premier + After Effects.

And if money permits, a 32" LCD TV.

Big ambitions. :/

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

True! Unfortunately the median price is a little higher in Socal. :)

7. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
  8. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

I'm saving to repay student loans in 4 years! Let's say I'm not doing the best job that I can at it :p

9. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

thanks! im excited to get it. used to have this but had to sell it before i moved out here:(. owell, i want a little faster one anyways lol

[​IMG]
    yea i need to pay mine off too. not fun lol

10. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

My next car, a Kenworth. Ok, it isn't exactly a car.

$25K in 2-1/2 years is doable, right? :)

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

before I was laid off last week. I was saving money trying to fully fund my emergency fund which I would like to say I pulled off just in time (6 months) but I was also saving for several big ticket items that I was thinking about getting in the next year or so.

Car, new Mountain bike or a Road bike, new computer.

I also was just saving money for no other reason than saving money because when I do finally decide on what I want to get I am that much closer to it.

Big ticket it to me is any over $1000 anything less than that generally was funded out of that months income left after savings.

For me the trick to saving money was to have a transfer every pay day into my savings account.

12. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

Down payment for an 2001 BMW 325Ci Coupe, that I should be driving home next week! But I will have it payed off in 6-8 months. I am hoping this will raise my credit up. Then when I go into the army, I will hopefully be able to look into financing an foreclosed house. Hammer the payments while I am in the army and rent it to my brother. Then hopefully when I finish my contract, I will have the house payed for.

13. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I have a lot to save up for in the next few months. A car, house, part owner in a restaurant, engagement ring and a wedding. It's going to be rough in the next 2 years or so, but it'll be worth it. :)

14. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I really dont know. Used to be, I was saving for a car. Due to a series of events however, that's no longer an issue for me..

So I guess I'm just saving...

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Since I've got nothing coming in at the mo and I'm inching closer to a publishing deal - I've got my eyes set on a nice new PC. All homebuilt of course- Core i7, 2gb 4870x2, 5.1, bluray and all that kind of nonsense. Should be a step up from my C2D 2ghz, x1600 iMac!

That's really it for now. Probably start looking for houses later in the year.

16. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Saving for a new monitor for my MBP - likely a Dell SX2210 once it comes out:

[​IMG]

Also 4 gb of Ram for my MBP and if I have enough money, I'll buy a Wireless Mighty Mouse and Wireless Keyboard too, but I probably will be short on cash.

As a teenager without a job I don't have much of an income, so it's taking a little while. I'm considering getting a job this summer, but that's a little ways off.

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm saving for a trip around Europe by train next Summer.

18. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

Saving up for a computer desk. As in, a computer that's a desk. I found a website where you can download a free CAD program and model exactly what you want, then they'll make it out of whatever material you choose. I plan on making an aluminum desk with a removable top (which has holes for all the ports) and space inside for the computer. Then I'm going to lay out all the parts and fill the desk with mineral oil for cooling. And, of course, it's going to be a hackintosh. Mainly waiting for Snow Leopard to come out and SSD prices to drop, since HDDs have moving parts and the mineral oil will mess that up.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the desk itself will cost. If it's too much I might make it out of wood and sheet metal or something.

19. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I'm saving for some appliances, furniture, trip to Canada, Europe, Chile, and probably somewhere else hopefully. Not all at once, of course. Appliances and furniture first, then we'll see about taking a trip...

20. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

A down payment for a nice first car- used of course.:cool:

21. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I really want to get a 1987 Toyota Corolla GTS :)

22. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

link to this site please. This really intersted me.

25. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I am saving so i can pay off my house - However before purchased my house it would have been a Mac Pro