Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imabhishek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2015
You must be using iOS 8 for a month now. Are you happy with it. Can you please share your experience and also what are your expectation from iOS 9 next year.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
an actual iCloud Drive App that shows every file in one place and YOU can pick the app you want it to open with instead of doing the silly other way around where you do not know where your files actually are and you have to guess what app can open which file.

some features that take advantage of the bigger screens ... (i dont use landscape so that additional information on 6/6+ devices is no use for me).

more gestures (never gonna happen but one can dream, its the main reason why i still jailbreak. i hate having to push the home button so much).

easier method to share whatever file type via email.

QuickReply for other apps like Whatsapp or Viber

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I want nothing but bug fixes and optimizations, maybe a couple bells and whistles here and there, but nothing major. I just want a stutter free experience. Especially on iPad. iPad is truly a mess right now when it comes to stuttering, and glitchy UI.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
More UI interface customization, such as:

1. Dark Theme for Text Messaging or the ability to changel the bubble colors
  2. Modification of the lock screen
  3. Removal of the background bar at the bottom (under the four icons)

imabhishek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2015
Even though I am satisfied with iOS 8 but I still has some personal expectation from iOS 9.

1. I want Apple dial back
2. Not satisfied with iCloud Drive app. It really needs lots of modification.
3.Improvement in Photo Library, Maps data (as always), and interface bugs
4. Seamless interaction between apps and extensions
5. Classy themes for lock and home screen. Like they can put home screen which changes according to weather/location
6. I also see some wishlist features listed here http://ios9update.com/
7. Lastly I want smarter Siri commands

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Faster Safari
People complaining about how it makes their iPhone 5 slow, possibly the iPad 3 if they update it as well
More HealthKit things
Swipe Keyboard
Cutting out A5 devices, people complaining about it
Initial WiFi issues

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Safari needs a ton of work still. The cut and paste is still dodgy, page loads are funny at times, etc, etc.

The rest of the OS is humming along just fine.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Cut out all 1 GB RAM devices out of iOS 9.

1GB devices get iOS 8.5 :p

But in seriousness, I want them to dump all mobile safari source code and start fresh. It is the only offending app in iOS bringing down the entire experience.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I would love an iCloud drive app, as well as a dark mode. Split-screen multitasking would also be sweet for the Air 2.

This one is more of a dream, but the ability to have two "accounts" on the device would be nice. With the accounts, you could use one for work or school, and the other for personal usage. This would be great for devices that are managed by workplaces/schools, so that the work/school account would be managed, and the personal one would be left alone. A guy can dream, can't he?

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
Themes / profiles.

Turn ringer off (vibrate too) when I'm in a specific room in house.

Set brightness and no sleep when in car.

Silence when in a meeting.

Siri that actually understands you.

Speed optimization.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I just thought of another thing: better control over Do Not Disturb

I wish that I was able to set a daily schedule for DND, because for some days of the week I need it on or off at different times. Another thing that I'd like to see is location-based DND settings, so that when I arrive at a destination, it automatically turns on, then off when I leave.

PLEASE Apple, WE NEED THIS!!!

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Even though I am satisfied with iOS 8 but I still has some personal expectation from iOS 9.

1. I want Apple dial back
2. Not satisfied with iCloud Drive app. It really needs lots of modification.
3.Improvement in Photo Library, Maps data (as always), and interface bugs
4. Seamless interaction between apps and extensions
5. Classy themes for lock and home screen. Like they can put home screen which changes according to weather/location
6. I also see some wishlist features listed here http://ios9update.com/
7. Lastly I want smarter Siri commands

Those aren't expectations but desires. What we desire and what we expect Apple to give us are generally far different things. I expect that Apple will open up Touch ID and Apple Pay even more, possible also the whole extensions. I also expect that there will be a lot of bitchong around here because they won't include a real file system or true multitasking as demanded by the uber geeks that hang around here saying that without such things ios is utter crap and a fail.

What I desire, but don't really expect, is for Apple to return to some of the things that worked in the past like the iPhoto modeled events/faces/places in photos, letting us choose download quality in videos when using iTunes in the cloud, returning the ability to sort songs by artist or album in the flat list etc. I also desire a full over haul of the itunes stores, support for h.265 both for same quality/smaller file and higher quality/same file size, revamping hardware to allow for smaller lines when writing and drawing and working in this tap v press idea from the Apple Watch to give a small amount of pressure pickup. And so on

----------

Well, you know, when each release launches with more and more issues, that's what's going to happen. And even if you've never had xyz problems, many people do.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1832295/

True, which is why I expect those with issues to declare them as universal flaws and basically call everyone who claims to not have X issue is a liar and an Apple sycophant

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
You must be using iOS 8 for a month now. Are you happy with it. Can you please share your experience and also what are your expectation from iOS 9 next year.

I don't expect anything. I mean sure they could add for extensions and clean up some of the design again. Actually, thats all I want. If they do that and fix all the slight annoyances I have that would be good. Give developers something to do while they fix it up again.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I think it would be awesome if the iphone 6 plus could get it's own branch of iOS to take advantage of the extra screen size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.