What Are Your Expectations with the Next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Feb 12, 2015.

1. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

I expect the same two models with a quad core CPU around 1.7-2 GHz. 2GB of RAM as well. Maybe a 12-16 MP camera. A faster charging iPhone similar to Qualcomm quick charge.

What I really want is a waterproof iPhone natively, more multi tasking, better battery life, dual speakers, a much better camera, no more 16 GB model.

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

i just got a 6+ and I'm pretty happy with it (2 weeks of usage). I left the iPhone 5 for a Note 3 for a bigger screen and better battery life. So biggest things for me are a big screen and battery life. Going from a 12MP camera to an 8MP camera - I thought I'd notice it more but I'm not. I'm consistently taking better pictures with my iPhone 6+ than I did with my Note 3. I only cropped a few pictures with my Note 3 in the year+ I owned it.

Pretty happy with the 2amp+ charge speed of the iPhone 6+.

For me?

1. I want my phone to replace my laptop. I want a way to connect my phone to my 24' Dell Ultrasharp monitor and use a mouse/keyboard with it without wires.
    2. Longer battery life would be nice but I'm very happy with it now.

My next iPhone will be in 2+ years so ... yeah my hopes are high.

3. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Ah, so you only upgraded since it was worthwhile? I snagged a 5C on the cheap and I love it. I could get a 6+, but it's better served waiting for the next one since I have a Note 4.

4. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Was planning on keeping my Note 3 another year+ but with the Verizon Edge plan - had a free upgrade and was tired of having 2 sets of cables everywhere with my wife's iPhone. The plastic case of my Note 3 was cracking (even though I had it in a phone case). So I got a 6+ for several reasons (free upgrade, build quality, etc.). Hoping to keep it for a long time.

5. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

That it will work and all the iOS bugs will be sorted - wait, you said expectations, maybe thats a pipe dream..or wishful thinking?

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

7. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

The is no need for a 2GHz QuadCore in an iPhone. My bet is that the A9 will be a 1.5Ghz DualCore or TripleCore (like in
    the Air 2)
    2GB of Ram ? Well... :rolleyes:

8. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I wouldnt mind seeing a built in stylus on the phablet version

9. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I seriously doubt Apple will move to a quad core CPU anytime soon. It's possible they'll move to a tri-core chip similar to the A8x in the iPad air 2, but it'd have to be a lower power variant.

Doubling the RAM would be nice but I'm not really gonna hold my breath. If iOS 9 is going to focus on streamlining and optimizing the code like the rumors report, we may not see(or need) much of a hardware upgrade at all.

As for the camera, I expect another incremental upgrade but nothing major. I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at 8MP, but improved the optics for better low light performance.

10. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Keep em low. Power and quality aren't really reflected in their products nowadays and it's caused them to have fallen behind.

11. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The iPhone 6 and 6+ are two of the top performing phones available right now, and Apple quality is just as good as it has always been. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

So basically you expect an Android phone?

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

There's no way Apple wouldn't upgrade the hardware in the next cycle--be realistic. What would Tim say? "Yeah, the iPhone 6s is exactly like the 6". That would not go over well.

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I didn't say Apple wouldn't upgrade the specs, I just said they may not do much of an upgrade.

15. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

No lol. Android would be 2.5-2.9 64 bit with 4gb of ram and a QHD screen.

16. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Apple is the Lexus of cars. iPhones are made for more "class" than anything. I can imagine a Camo iPhone in my head right now it is making me wanna throw up.

NO more 16gb would be nice.

17. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Well I guess bigger screen phones could've come at any time and it never would've been too late.

18. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That has absolutely nothing to do with either quality or performance.

19. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

If you wanna go there, we could talk about iOS 8 and their processors and lackluster screens

20. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You're the one that posted this:

So it isn't me who "wants to go there". Like I said already, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are two of the fastest phones you can buy right now and Apple quality hasn't changed. iOS 8 works just fine for all intents and purposes, so I'm not sure what your complaint is here.

21. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I tried using one on the Note 3 and I just couldn't get on with it !

I do sometimes use a stylus pen with my iPad Air.

22. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I had my Note 3 for 1.2 years. Used the stylus a few times for fun but other than that, it spent 99% of its life in the phone unused. Can't say I'm a big fan either.

23. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

The camera is noisier than even my old point and shoot even though it applies too much noise reduction. I would be happy for cleaner images evening it means lower MP. How big do you really need to print?

24. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

1. Base model 32gb
    2. LEAVE the 4inch model
    3. Sleep button back up (not on the side)
    4. Better BATTERY!

25. Eddiepapi macrumors newbie

Smaller bezel, so the phone can be smaller with the same display size.