What are your 'rotation ' cases for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viewfly, Dec 3, 2015.

1. viewfly, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

Any model, 6, 6+, S series. Even 5 series

Most threads are looking for that ONE perfect case! Holy Grail kind of thing

But let's face it, we don't wear one pair of shoes (dress, casual, sneakers, hiking, sandals). The same with clothes.

So I've noticed more and more forum members are doing rotation cases.

List yours and when you use them.

Here are mine:

KAVAJ Tokyo for most days. Office work, around the house. Shows off the phone and direct button access.

TECH 21 Evo Mesh (Apple store version). For outdoor yard work, sticky wet hands, more active days.

KAVAJ Dallas case. Has a flip cover ( I don't use screen protectors) , for Gym. On the tread mill, weight lifting. The flip and pockets are perfect.

Miscellaneous cases: Apple leather and Sena Heritage sleeve. Random use.

I think rotating cases is the smarter solution than buying dozen of cases looking for the ONE.

Share yours!

2. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Two UAG's, the red and blue translucent ones; and a black Apple Leather case.

3. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Tech21 Evo Wallet for work, Spigen Liquid Crystal for home and out and about.

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Saddle brown and black Apple leather cases for work
    Spigen liquid crystal with shorts or whenever I'm not wearing jeans - that clear tpu wears quickly with jeans

5. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Good replies. Interesting to see what cases people are ' rotating' with each day or activity.

I used to buy a LifeProof for water sports like fishing or the beach. However they come out so late and I get a new phone each year. With the slight difference between the 6 S and 6, I decided for now it's too expensive and I don't use it much. Maybe I'll change my mind later.

Any others care to share their case selection. Not ones you are trying out, but a combination of cases that you switch between regularly.

6. rjalda100 macrumors regular

At the moment I'm rotating between the Speck Candyshell and the blue Apple leather case on my 5S. The CS is my everyday case, the AL is the one I use when I'm looking for something more lightweight.

7. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

NX Case matte transparent, Luvitt clear ultra thin, Tozo transparent

8. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

My "Go To" case is the Apple Product Red silicone case. I also have a blue one and a brown leather Apple case. I match my case to the sport bands on my Apple Watch.

9. Allin44 macrumors 6502

Magpul Field Case for when I'm going out and will be on the go a lot and may drop the phone. Generic leather wallet sleeve for when I'm at home or going out when I will mostly be sitting.

10. viewfly, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

It will be interesting to see how the deep northeast winter affects my phone case needs, when combined with my Apple Watch. I suspect I will take the phone out of my pocket less frequently since I can glance at my watch ( poking between my jacket and winter gloves).

Maybe I'll use the Sena Sleeve more.

11. gpo1956 macrumors member

I'm using the Catalyst almost exclusively now. When I'm not, I use the Magpul Field Case. I've got the K11 bumper coming just out of curiosity. It will be hard for either of the other to supplant the Catalyst as my favorite though.

12. davidbow1e macrumors newbie

davidbow1e

Apple Leather for work and Air Jacket for all other times. Hell, honestly it doesnt matter if its work or home I alternate them when i'd rather see the phone vs. a case look.

13. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I just picked up the Luvvit clear case and it's great. I'm gonna rock it for a while and see if I want to go back to my red silicone case like I normally do.

14. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Where did you get the Luvvitt? I previously bought mine on Amazon but I don't see one for the Plus. The link on Amazon that I previously bought from is now saying 6S in the heading but 6Splus in the description. I want to get a back up but would rather not order directly from Luvvitt and pay full price.

15. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I got it on Amazon. Seems to reduce width overall by a couple millimeters and it's noticeable. I'm impressed so far.

16. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

I agree.

Sometimes you just change up because you want to. No practical reason required.

17. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

Spigen matte finish slim case for 6s plus. Zoogue case

18. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

How do you use them? Which one for any particular reason?

19. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

For most days I use the Speck Candyshell Grip since I have an 18 month old who sometimes gets his hands on my 6S Plus. It has very good drop protection and of course I love the grip. On days when I need a more slim profile because of what I'm wearing, I'll go with the Spigen Capsule Clear.

20. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Right now I'll be switching between an Obliq Naked Shield and a Spigen Liquid Crystal.

The Obliq has a kickstand so is great for work for watching video while doing desk work.

The Spigen is super slim with classic no frills TPU. I'll probably switch to this when I want the absolute minimal bulk and I know I won't be needing a kickstand.

21. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I like to have options for3 types of cases: 1) Ultra Thin, 2) Thin, and 3) Slim form factor

Ultra Thin - Caudabe Veil XT
    Thin - Evutec Karbon S or Elago S6 Slim
    Slim - Apple Silicone Case (PRODUCT RED)

I also like to have a wallet-type case for when I go on Vacation (i.e. for room key cards, and a credit card or two). I currently have the CM4 Q Card Case.

22. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I'm actually embarrassed to say that in the 13 months that I've owned my 5s Iphone, I've purchased close to a dozen cases for it. At the end of all of this, I have settled on the Magpul Bump case as my favorite of all. So, I have this case in 3 different colors, and I rotate them just for the fun of it.

23. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm responding to my own question. The Luvvitt ultra slim clear case for the 6 S Plus is back on Amazon. Still my favorite case.

24. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Ringke Fusion - Nice slim case, the port protectors are a plus. Mostly just an everyday case

Spigen Slim Armor (newest version with kickstand) - If i know i'm going to be watching videos and such, i'll use this one

Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro - Nice heavy duty case, but still slim enough to fit comfortably in pockets, used if i'm going to be going yardwork, or if i have it on me at work.

25. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

I usually use zoogue anywhere when I'm nit having a normal day (going out with friends, family etc). Spigen when I'm having a normal day...work, gym, home etc. I guess zoogue offers a little more protection when I'm out of my normal day to day.