What bluetooth device do you use while driving and how do you like it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sixxmum, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I currently have a motorola speaker, but it doesn't work the best with Siri due to ambient noise.

2. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

The Bluetooth built in to my Bimmer works just fine during my daily commute for voice, text and music.

4. soundtracker macrumors member

I am wondering this same thing. Hope to hear some opinions on it.

5. theman510 macrumors 6502

Ordered this from newegg although they don't seem to have it on their site anymore

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Blueto...d=1349117615&sr=8-2&keywords=belkin+bluetooth

I must have gotten lucky because they were selling it for $55. I've had it for two days so far and love it. No wires and connects right into my aux jack. Not sure if this is what you were looking for but I HIGHLY recommend it. Awesome quality and the phone stays in my pocket

6. crewpride macrumors member

I just use the Bluetooth built into my car. Never been one for headsets.

7. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Ditto

8. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

If only my vehicle had built in Bluetooth, I would love to use it. But, alas. So, I need a different system.

9. Joewat64 macrumors regular

10. Laimbeersux macrumors 6502

Same, it works flawlessly with my iPhone 5.

11. Kelly682 macrumors regular

I use the bluetooth built into my car. No problems whatsoever! LOVE hands free. :D

12. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I use a Scala Rider G4 in my motorcycle helmet. Worked great with my 4S. Have yet to try it with the iPhone 5.

13. bdoople macrumors member

bdoople

My $100 JVC headunit has front and back USB ports (if I want to go that route, I usually just leave a 32GB thumb drive loaded with music plugged in) and bluetooth, so I use that. Works with music, XM app, and Pandora (doesn't allow controls on the XM app but still plays audio). Works great. Came with a mic and plays the calls through your car speakers.

Here

Only issue is it doesn't play CDs, but I don't care between my phone and portable devices. Also supports my 250GB portable hard drive.

14. docprego macrumors 65816

My 2012 civic coupe has a great BT system integrated. It's much better than the system in my previous car, a Hyundai Genesis.

15. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I use a Plantronics M25. Got it at walmart for $28.

[​IMG]

Its the first bluetooth I have used so I don't have anything to compare it to but I am happy with it. I primarily use it to listen to music and podcasts while driving my truck and Siri works well about 90% of the time.

I drive semi trucks so its very loud in the cab. People I am talking to can hear a lot of engine noise but can still hear me well. And the volume level is good enough to hear with the engine revving and jake brake rattling away...

I also love the features of Bluetooth V3 and A2DP that lets me listen to podcasts and music through the earpiece.

The battery life is pretty good. I can listen to podcasts for a whole 10 hour shift and take a few calls and the battery has about 10% left. BTW, with BT v3 the iphone 5 shows the battery level on the iphones screen.

16. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

2011 VW Gti bluetooth :)

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

same, but with my subaru

18. geko29 macrumors 6502

handsfree built into my BMW's headunit (2011 E90 335d), Blackberry Music Gateway tucked away in the center console for A2DP streaming. This combination works like a champ.