What brightness do you keep your Series 2 on?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aluminum213, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

3. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

i put mine on max, why not? its easier to see outdoors. it has auto brightness by default anyways

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Wow. Look at that. Another brilliant response from you on another watch thread. Based off your post history, it's evident you post frivolous posts, offering lack there of reliable feedback to the OP.

Back on topic. OP:My screen brightness is always set to half, it conserves battery and it's more than enough for indoor use.

5. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Where is the auto brightness setting on the Apple Watch?

6. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

So appreantley its enabled by default at all times and can not be disabled, that brightness settings on the watch is actually a setting where you tell the brightness what MAX level of brightness you would do in case you are in a sunny enviroment and more brightness is need.

7. tromboneaholic macrumors 6502a

tromboneaholic

It does goes to max In full sun. Even if you set it to max indoors, it will be brighter outside.

As far as why not? Excessive battery drain. Save yourself a step from posting about "why does my battery run out" and just set it indoors in a normal environment. It will go to max outdoors anyway...

8. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

The whole thread is a little silly really. Who cares what setting other people use? Set it where /you/ think it looks best and be done with it. Is my brightness setting really going to influence anyone else?

9. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Who cares? Apparently you do to find the time to spam

Great troll poster

10. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

That's not the point. The OP posed a question and started a thread. The members who commented obviously do care. You honestly went as far as commenting on this thread, offering useless information. So in return, that makes your post 'A little silly.'

11. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Your post is the only silly thing. What's wrong with someone asking about a setting. Reading your post is a few seconds I can never get back.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've set mine to default. I can't say I've had incredibly bright sunlight but I've been outside and I can see it fine. I've also been coming home with 70+% battery left after 11+ hours including an hour run. Color me impressed.

13. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Wide open for me, amazing battery life even using GPS one hour a day.

14. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I have my brightness 2/3 setting and Text Bold and Largest setting

Update:

But after viewing the 2/3 or Full brightenes with different watch faces. I notice a better viewing experience with Full Brightness. So I changed to to Full. Battery life has not been a issue at all so I don't expect this to effect it all that much.

15. yegon, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

yegon macrumors 68020

Max.

6 apps set to background refresh, 6 in the dock, 4 complications.

I get superb battery life from my 42mm S2. Usually put a shift in at gym for 60-80 minutes, use it a lot for controlling podcasts and checking the odd notification, hasn't dipped below 55% in a day yet, generally about 65% left.

I could go two days without a charge if absolutely necessary.

16. keastone macrumors member

17. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

I keep mine at max and battery lasts about 8 hours with gps and location services running.

I just put it at half and will see how much battery improves. If I can get another 4-6 hours out of it then I'll stick with that. If it's any less then I'll go back to
    Max.

I like max setting cause it's easier on the eyes and it's more crisp but hey that's just me

18. dyn macrumors 68030

Because it is a bit too bright (especially indoors) and one notch down is still perfectly viewable outside when sunny.

19. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

But the GPS isn't running constantly I thought, only when it needs to like in a workout app or map app

20. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

many things could cause location services to be on. For instance if you have location services on for messages or facebook then everytime you open those apps it starts to pin point your location. I turn it all off except for apps i truly want to use my location like maps or workout stuff etc........

check out your location services settings and see what is using your location. you might be surprised

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Did you do an Ironman?

22. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

haha no but i use my GPS alot when getting around Washington, D.C. during the day.

23. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Right, but the GPS use of those apps mentioned are on the iPhone not the Apple Watch

24. krazirob macrumors member

krazirob

CRAP!!!!.....im so sorry i totally thought this was about the iPhone......apologies.....HAHA....i gotta read carefully next time.....cheers!