Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
My guess:

A6
720p HD Facetime
Lightning connector
8MP camera

However none of that is worth the upgrade from Ipad 2 or 3. So what else will Apple do to sell us the new Ipad?

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Hopefully they will make the web browsing experience more pleasant and on par with a regular computer, instead of heavily relying on apps and mobile versions of websites.

Very doubtful, but that's what I would like to see.

rahul247rocks

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
The new ipad will have a carbon Fiber body as well as improved specifications. And of course it will be thinner than iPad 3 since the technology is much improved. A better retina display with more pixel density.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Better A6 than iPhone 5.
Better graphics.
Lighter.
Thinner.
Lightning dock port.
Actual world wide lte.
128gb varient.
As good if not slightly better battery life.
Faster charging (either due to smaller battery or actual faster charge capability).
Brighter screen with better colours.
8MP back camera.
1.3MP front with 720p HD video.

A big list, but most is just spec improvements. The main thing I think will be the weight and thinness of it (again).

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
The list of features so far seems to me to warrant not an iPad 4, but an iPad 3S. What seriously big feature is missing from the iPad 3 (other than faster, slimmer, lighter) that would warrant a new (big) version and big launch event? Unless it's dramatically faster, slimmer and lighter, why would they upgrade it? A new dock connector? OMG, I must run out and get one! LTE in *my country*? OMG, I must get one. These are such small jumps, compared to gen 2 over gen 1 and gen 3 over gen 2, don't they seem like not much at all?

(this post promotes me to 6502a!)

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I just hope for hope sake that Apple will please place the speaker towards the front facing the individual. I had a difficult time without a headset in hearing from the current speaker location. Perhaps stereo, but doubt it.....

It will have the current iphone 5 dock connector > Improved camera > A6 > and 802.11ac > Improved SIRI

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 9.10.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 9.10.04 AM.png
    206 KB · Views: 120

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i would like there to be support for a trackpad or other pointing device

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011
I expect it to be a "tock" update. Better across the board, but no game real changers. A6, Thinner, better color saturation, lightning, ect, ect.

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
id be very suprosed if the chip wasn't called the A6x to be based on the iPhone5's chip but with quad corner or better graphics.

pommie82

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
uk
i would like to see a bit bigger screen to the edges because i watch a lot of tv shows.I am still on iPad1 i wont be upgrading until i see a bigger screen in the display retina didn't bother me at all really hopefully we will see a bigger screen with a bit of luck just like they did with the iPhone 5 fingers crossed.
Going by apple patterns we should see a bigger screen

LaunchpadBS

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2008
iLondon/iDurban
It WILL make me coffee hahahhahahahaha :D:D:D

Seriously though, just a spec bump, I've been noticing lag on my 3rd gen, an A6X with more ram would be nice, as would stereo speakers, it is a media device after all.

shopboy0301

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
New York
I will only buy the IPad 4 if.....

Bought the The first iPad,iPad 2,and ipad3. Knowing apple they will have usually,small improvements of the next iPad like increase in storage,lightning port etc etc.So I'm sticking with my IPad 3 I'm going to buy if they will have the following:increased in storage like 128/256 gb,comes in different color like the iPod touch,:)

novatwin

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
i would like to see a bit bigger screen to the edges because i watch a lot of tv shows.I am still on iPad1 i wont be upgrading until i see a bigger screen in the display retina didn't bother me at all really hopefully we will see a bigger screen with a bit of luck just like they did with the iPhone 5 fingers crossed.
Going by apple patterns we should see a bigger screen

Thin bezel allowing for larger screen within the same form-factor or even slightly bigger form-factor would be awesome!

Also hoping for even better audio and better camera then iPhone5!

iOS6 should be much more mature at time of launch - hopefully before April..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.